SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How soon will AI start replacing human jobs?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How soon will AI start replacing human jobs? Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rizzle:
I want a AI robot wife with reason and accountability.

Would an AI robot wife be on time for functions or would it have a delay routine installed as part of the programming?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37989 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

Would an AI robot wife be on time for functions or would it have a delay routine installed as part of the programming?

The older I get the less stress I want. I would hope that falls under accountability Smile. With all the talk AI is going to change the world, might as go all out and really change it.
In reality though, there will be some good things from it, what exactly, time will tell.

Posts: 1303 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Meanwhile, in the quiet town of Stepford...

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30706 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
Obligatory "not a lawyer" warning.

It is not clear to me whether code will be treated the same way, but the courts (in the US, at least) have already decided that AI art is not copyrightable.

Paraphrasing here, and the details may not be exactly right, but the decision is based on the idea that a thing is copyrightable because it is the direct output of human creativity and skill. The court decided that writing the text prompt and having the AI model produce the image didn't count.

This is in line with other past non-AI decisions on copyrightability. E.g., there was a court case over whether photographs produced when a chimpanzee was handling a camera and pushed the shutter button could be copyrighted or not (the decision was that the images could not be copyrighted).

Interesting points that give me more angles to look into on the copyright stuff.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Better hope AI doesn't help women figure out how to synthesize babies without any help from men. That's when they will kill us all.

They've been working on it since the first birth.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
If AI really wanted to reduce stress in my world, instead of treating cancer, it should cure it. Although, many jobs would be lost in the process. I've lost a lot of friends over the years from it, it's time.

Posts: 1303 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
How soon will AI start replacing human jobs?

I wouldn't worry too much, with Kamala Harris being the "AI czar. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26436 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

If the AI female robot was programmed with timeliness and accountability, it would be a man. Request denied.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Carl’s Jr., Hardee’s partnering with AI companies to automate drive-thru

I prefer The All Natural Burger...

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WlUvQkW4B1k" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I don't want onions on my burger.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
How soon will AI start replacing human jobs?

I wouldn't worry too much, with Kamala Harris being the "AI czar. Lol.

She's going to get to the root causes of AI.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20835 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AI is already taking a toll. My daughter does independent technical writing for several companies and proof reading of commercial text for TV and radio. She has noticed a downturn in her business. She has also noticed some of the commercials she used to do are getting a few what she calls machine generated language composition errors. The other thing I have noticed is the slightly "electronic" voices on some adds. Computers will lie to us without any guilt, beware. I guess the Whitehouse Press Secretary's job will be in jeopardy very soon.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2892 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I've been seeing "articles" and such on the internet on various topics related to auto repair, and they seem to start out OK, but after a few sentences, you can tell the were not intelligently written by a real person, and are probably just entry points for tracking and exploitation technology.

If AI is writing articles for people, the quality is pretty damn shitty, to the point of being completely and entirely useless like this kind of shit I'm finding on various searches for how-do DIY information. If the writing itself can't pass a rudimentery Turing Test, we have a way to go before the Terminator shows up.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:

I don't want onions on my burger.
My wife does not want onion. I want extra onion. Neither of us wants lettuce. What are the odds of getting the order right if there's a human in the loop? AI might be better.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30706 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
AI to replace supermodels Link

STRIKE AI POSE AI ‘to replace supermodels’ in creepily realistic fashion campaigns as concern grows for humans losing jobs to machines

Posts: 23516 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
AI order taking sounds like an excellent idea.

What concerns me is the false outputs.

If someone says “I have a nut allergy, but I’d really like Butter Pecan” I do not need a computer to say,”It’s great that you really like pecans as ours are special allergen free pecans.”

Posts: 5744 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AI has already infiltrated hospital care. A nurse can override the suggestion, but has to consult first with a physician. UC Davis is using AI designed by Epic, the company that brought you the records from hell.

Posts: 17253 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could a an A.I. teacher with only five students do a better job than an analog teacher with 30 pupils ?

After a week of pre-exams.
The digital teacher could precisely know the
students strengths and weaknesses and after three weeks
the digital teacher
could adjust to
any course to the individuals
Needs.

Might even recognize learning disabilities or cognitive disorders.
It
Might offer five different instructional options to present subjects to students.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54678 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post