SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NCAA Football Rivalry Saturday - The Iron Bowl, The Game, etc.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCAA Football Rivalry Saturday - The Iron Bowl, The Game, etc. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Roll Tide!

Posts: 1126 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Glad for Orgeron too. Great finish to the TAMU/LSU game

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Iron Bowl was giving me heart palpitations. As an OU fan I wanted to see Auburn win and that last minute of regulation was difficult to watch and the five OTs were even harder.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Knowing Tator is a Boilermaker (and I am a Hoosier), congratulations. Good year, good game.

Mercifully, Indiana’s season has ended. In my lifetime, I can’t recall a season where Indiana was ranked in the top 25 in pre-season polls. From there, we proceeded to look like we had never practiced a down.

Yes, we had a rough schedule that was ranked as the toughest in the the FBS… but Indiana never came close to winning a game against decent teams. We looked like Gerry Dinardo or Lee Corso was coaching again.

As disappointing a season as possible.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
IU was decimated by injuries this year. I think the stat was 12 players lost to season-ending injuries.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
I agree that injuries had a negative effect on IU’s total performance…. But we looked inept from the opening game of the season.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm a day late for making a prediction, but I'd like to add the Commonwealth Cup to the list.

Go, Hokies!

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If all the favorites win next week - who the hell gets the #4 spot? Oklahoma State or an idle Notre Dame?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
As a Big Ten fan, rivalry Saturday sure upended the Big Ten Championship. I thought it was once again tOSU and WI, but UofM put themselves in it and MN put IA in it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK State

Posts: 1126 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
If all the favorites win next week - who the hell gets the #4 spot? Oklahoma State or an idle Notre Dame?

Cincinnati?

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
What a couple of great days of college football.
Today I watched Michigan/Ohio State, Alabama/Auburn, and topped it off with Oklahoma/Oklahoma State. Do 3 games get any better than this. I don't have a dog in the fight but loved the games.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the end of the LSU - Texas A&M game . It was an ugly win for LSU but I'm happy for Coach O to get it .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually THE GAME is Harvard vs Yale i don’t know when Ohio State and Ichigan became know as the game

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It's great
to be
a Michigan
Wolverine...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am conflicted.

Michigan fan since the 60's-70's when I lived there.

I graduated from the University of Cincinnati, but never really followed them closely. Until Brian Kelley, they were never really on the map. I am glad to see them doing well and will root for them.

My children along with 4 Nieces and Nephews graduated from the University of Alabama and I have been a fan since 2011.

All that said, if Georgia continues to play like they have, it really won't matter who I root for.

College Football season is a favorite time of year for me.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
While Deniseair and I were at the Iron Bowl our daughter and her husband were watching game in downtown Auburn at a couple spots.

Afterward the most telling, and depressing, souvenir they met us with at the truck was a two-pack of toilet paper that had been tossed aside near Toomer's Corner. Frown

War Eagle Anyway!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Kentucky rolled Louisville, 52-21 to retain the Governors Cup, UK quarterback Will Levis ran in 4 touchdowns during the game.

Someone posted this up on Wiki,

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post