SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sweety Drop Peppers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweety Drop Peppers Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I feel that I've lived a pretty clean life. Honest, diligent, kind. Perhaps not a role model but generally on the side of good and decency.

So, why is it only now, after decades of living, am I discovering these cute little drops of heaven called sweety drop peppers (native to peru?)? I could eat 100 at a sitting (well, they are only the size of my fingernail).

I discovered them this weekend. I've been eating them non-stop. Plain. In cream cheese on a bagel. In ham sandwiches. In omelets. In a lemon butter sauce for fish.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them. Are they hot at all? I'm always down for trying new peppers.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The ones I got were pickled. They were sweet, crisp. Not spicy - let's just say it lightly pinches your tongue then stops.

I'm not sure how they are supposed to be used. But they are small, crunchy, sweet, mildly spicy so I've been just adding them to everything Smile I think they would go well in a taco or burrito. Or grilled cheese sandwich.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I like peppers, so I had to Google these things.

https://sweetishhill.com/what-...sweety-drop-peppers/

Known as “Sweety Drops,” these small, tear-shaped peppers originated in the Peruvian AmazonAlso known as Incan Red Drops, Sweety Drops have a sugar-like sweetness and work well in salads, pizza or pastas, or even in baked goods. This is a unique type of pepper that grows in the Highlands of Peru.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I vaguely remember running across them in San Francisco during the Free Love years. I think they were grown in someone's back yard...didn't really think much of them at the time.

They are available on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Swe...176&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience was similar to the OP. I was introduced to them at age 65 in a seafood restaurant in New Bern, NC. And, yes, they are pretty damn tasty.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Misread thread title as 'Sweaty' Drop Peppers. Eek

They sound tasty - very glad I got that wrong.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
So are they pimentos? Or did I misread the article linked above?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post