SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passing thru Danbury NC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passing thru Danbury NC Login/Join 
posted
Passing thru Danbury NC, County Seat for Stokes County . Adjacent to Hangingrock State Park. Contrast in State Government and local County Government. Hangingrock State Park, the lake is closed for swimming because of the pandemic, meanwhile Stokes County Park is open for swimming in the Dan river that passes thru the park. There is such an influx of people that parking is problematic. The counties solution is to open and mark the ball fields for easy access parking.

This is an example of how out of touch state government is as opposed to the local county government to meet the recreational needs of the general population.

Cooper is an example of another governor that is out of touch to the general populations wants, desires thus needs.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:
Passing thru Danbury NC, County Seat for Stokes County . Adjacent to Hangingrock State Park. Contrast in State Government and local County Government. Hangingrock State Park, the lake is closed for swimming because of the pandemic, meanwhile Stokes County Park is open for swimming in the Dan river that passes thru the park. There is such an influx of people that parking is problematic. The counties solution is to open and mark the ball fields for easy access parking.

This is an example of how out of touch state government is as opposed to the local county government to meet the recreational needs of the general population.

Cooper is an example of another governor that is out of touch to the general populations wants, desires thus needs.

I agree. Glad Stokes county is at least working to help citizens enjoy the summer.

Cooper is an absolute communist enforcer. The worse enemy of freedom loving people.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I made a day trip to Danbury last summer, interesting small town and area. I wanted to see Dan River in that area, it's quite beautiful, small and clear as oppossed to the wide muddy Dan River where I live.
I remember seeing the swimming area you mentioned.

I briefly went to Hanging Rock State Park, but didn't have time to really explore. Later that summer I went to Pilot Mountain.

Just strange some one should mention Danbury, no one where I live knows about it.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I made a day trip to Danbury last summer, interesting small town and area. I wanted to see Dan River in that area, it's quite beautiful, small and clear as oppossed to the wide muddy Dan River where I live.

I briefly went to Hanging Rock State Park, but didn't have time to really explore. Later that summer I went to Pilot Mountain.

Just strange some one should mention Danbury, no one where I live knows about it.

Danbury's claim to frame other than being the county seat was the Civil War with Stoneman's raid into this area. There was an Iron Furnace which is now part of the county park. Yes there is a lot of paddle pushers utilizing the river along with commercial renting facilities.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

Danbury's claim to frame other than being the county seat was the Civil War with Stoneman's raid into this area. There was an Iron Furnace which is now part of the county park. Yes there is a lot of paddle pushers utilizing the river along with commercial renting facilities.

I like visiting small towns, not large cities, towns.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
At least they haven't blocked the river access. That takes me back. I haven't been tubing in Danbury for years. I still go to Hanging Rock fairly often because my Grandma lives in Pinnacle. I love it up there.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
At least they haven't blocked the river access. That takes me back. I haven't been tubing in Danbury for years. I still go to Hanging Rock fairly often because my Grandma lives in Pinnacle. I love it up there.

美しい犬