SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My patient made me shed tears for him yesterday.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My patient made me shed tears for him yesterday. Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Had to be extremely difficult. God's work man, God's work. You can rest assured that this man is so thankful to have one of his own caring for him in his last days.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12672 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t do it. You’re a credit to the uniform sir.

Posts: 13748 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
That was truly a powerful post ! I had tears reading that as well. Well done my friend, well done!

Posts: 3854 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my time on subs I learned that the CO may or may not have had the respect of the crew. Same with the COB and any of the chiefs. The one guy on the boat who was universally respected, though, was "doc".

As good as a civilian may be, we sailors and Marines remember how much our corpsmen helped us and that memory stays with us all our lives. I know it gave your Senior Chief patient some courage and removed a lot of anxiety knowing that "doc" was helping him.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Learned many years ago that in the U S Army that the 4 main people that you do not mess with were #1 the medic(doc) because he took care of your medical problems , #2 the cook because he was responsible for feeding the troops , #3 the mail clerk because he was responsible for getting your mail , #4 was the 1st Sgt because he was responsible for the duty roster which he knew how to manipulate how often you might come up an some detail duty. But yes the medic / doc was put up on the top of the list ... So God bless all of those that took care of our medical needs. .....................
.................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2030 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
My respect for Corpsmen never wanes.I'm sure the universe thanks you as do I for your kindness.

Posts: 6409 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thank you for sharing. Your story really touched me. Hooyah, Shipmate!
We loved our “doc” on the ship, even though we secretly had another not so loving name. Thanks Doc!

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
usncorpsman, You Sir are a Godsend my friend…bless you…and prayers for both you and the Senior Chief going through this Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post