SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We will never understand women and now I know why.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We will never understand women and now I know why. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I got to the store and the list says “cookies “. You know there is no way I bought the right cookies. We don’t eat cookies. This was either for her kids that come every other week or for our guests.

Now I just bought some cookies. I could have texted to ask but hey if I needed specific cookies they should be on the list.

I don’t want to be like Seinfeld’s cabinet guy.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12446 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
And then just after you've gone through the check out comes the text with the additions to the list.

Same here. Apparently this is taught in wife school.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
My life is different.
I rarely get sent to the grocery store with a written list.
When it happens, I invariably come back the list completed, but also mass quantities of great comestibles that weren't on the list. Smile

Oh, and pbslinger, I once got told that I needed hearing aids because she couldn't understand what I was saying.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Best response ever from Jack Nicholson in as good as it gets,
Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I would like to announce that I successfully purchased the correct type of cookies for the list.

But, I can't really be sure of that. You see, I brought back multiple packs of Mentos. These were not on the list but she loves them and I noticed she was about out. So even if the cookies were wrong she'll never tell me and that's good enough.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12446 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If she does not send a picture with me of the product , I make no promises.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54686 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Wife went to Home Depot this afternoon to get a garden hose seal. I asked her to get some T20 staples for me while she was there. Should be a quick trip, since they're basically across the street from us. Gone for almost three hours, came home without the staples, but with a bunch of plants.

Posts: 17195 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
If she does not send a picture with me of the product , I make no promises.

Exactly, I do the same with my kids. For a given product there may be a dozen choices, so your odds aren't good if you go in blind. LOL

Posts: 2789 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
And then just after you've gone through the check out comes the text with the additions to the list.

Every single time.

This was gonna be my exact response. Big Grin

I've always thought how uncanny it was that my wife knew EXACTLY when I was at the cash register paying.....

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
<snip>

Oh, and pbslinger, I once got told that I needed hearing aids because she couldn't understand what I was saying.

I...but you...I mean...I think my brain just vapor-locked.

That would make perfect sense to my wife.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15267 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very devout and religious man has attended church daily. He has spent his entire life serving others through his religion.
One day he looks skyward and says, “God, I have been the best servant I know how to be and I have never asked anything for myself… but I have a request.”
The sky opens and God says, “This is all true, and I will listen.”
The man says, “I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, but I am terrified to fly! Could you build me a bridge so I can drive there?”
God responds “ The people, the technology, the materials haven’t been created yet to build such a bridge, ask for something else.”
The man thinks for a moment and says, “Okay. I’d like to understand women!”
God says, “ Do you want that bridge two lanes or four?”

Posts: 88 | Location: NEPA | Registered: February 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
We have a fairly simple system.

We use onenote on our phones to manage our grocery list and weekly meal plan. If my wife updates it on her phone I see the update. If I update it, likewise. We can also update it from our laptop.

I go shopping once a week, every Thursday. On Tuesday and Wednesday we discuss the meal plan for the following week and make the shopping list.

I buy what is on the list. If it isn't on the list, my wife and kids do not get to complain.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:

Absolutely this is now why I text before checking out somewhere mid list and indicate that I’m about to check out is there additions to the shopping list?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post