SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We will never understand women and now I know why.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We will never understand women and now I know why. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
My wife somehow let the cat out of the bag. Now, I always knew this in some respect. But it was difficult to put into words. So here's why we can't understand women. It's not that we can't figure it out, it's that it is an impossible task.

I'm going food shopping and we are having guests tonight. Wife is coming up with the food list.

Me: I'm going shopping.

Her: I will give you a list of everything I need. I hope you get everything on the list.

Me: Why would I not get everything on the list?

Her: Because I haven't thought of everything yet and you could be gone before I put it on the list.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12446 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Spot on. Smile

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
And then just after you've gone through the check out comes the text with the additions to the list.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and now I know why.

Dude, you're funny.

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
And then just after you've gone through the check out comes the text with the additions to the list.

Every single time.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:

Every single time.

This was gonna be my exact response. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12446 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YUP.

But the proper answer to that is "text me if you remember something else that you need".

However, I have to admit, sometimes walking the aisles makes me remember something I needed but forgot.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
It's comforting knowing I'm not alone Smile

Posts: 3466 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Spent a few days in MI with my dad beginning of the year. We had some errands to run in town and one of those included getting food/snacks for a party later that evening. Step mother provided Pop with a short list of about 6 items. I looked at it and thought, "there's no way we get off this easy". On the drive in to town, we take the long way because I want to do some bourbon hunting, by the time we got to supermarket, his phone had about 12 text messages of additional items that were needed for the party.

Women.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9697 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
One (sort of) advantage to the smart phone.

I have a related problem: "Why didn't you get (whatever)"?

"It wasn't on the list."

"Well, you knew we needed it."

"Then why wasn't it on the list?"

Crickets...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15267 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
We use an app that allows us to update a shared grocery list. The only benefit is that the additional itens get put in one place so I don’t have to dig through 8 different texts.

It still never fails, I’ll be loading the groceries in the truck and she’ll add another item to the list.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I laughed so hard at this I had an asthma attack.

Awake not woke

Posts: 569 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
One (sort of) advantage to the smart phone.

I have a related problem: "Why didn't you get (whatever)"?

"It wasn't on the list."

"Well, you knew we needed it."

"Then why wasn't it on the list?"

Crickets...

That’s the road I’ve been down many times.

Posts: 3241 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I never get the update when I’m in the store. I seem to always get it when I’m pulling out of the parking lot and it’s too late by that point. Just sayin’.

Posts: 11003 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
You know when I get the text, when it's a football game day, the supermarket is packed. I'm next in line at the register. There are 5 carts behind me, overfilled and every other register is packed.

So do I leave line and get the additional item? It's a no win situation.

These go to eleven.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Trying to understand women is like trying to figure out what color the number seven smells like. Confused

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Watch to the end

Posts: 11860 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I flat out refuse to do any shopping for the wife. I learned long ago that every independent choice I make or any substitution I make will be wrong.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3544 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
My ex went shopping and bought everything in the store, problem solved...? LOL

Posts: 2789 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I won't try to understand women. Women understand women, and they hate each other.

Posts: 532 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post