SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig Forum Watch
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Forum Watch Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Be a hell of a lot cooler if it was an automatic….

But with that dial a P225 centered would be excellent. I’d pay twice as much for an automatic with a Seiko or Citizen/Miyota automatic mechanical movement.

For those who truly admire mechanical mastery and accuracy there is no substitute for a mechanical automatic movement. They have soul and joy of ownership that quartz just cannot match.

But I am biased as hell towards autos. Most people who have not come to love the character that an automatic provides would probably love an eco drive. My wife loves eco drive and despises automatics with their two day average power reserve.

Either way I’m in and will buy at least two of them. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21225 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Automatic, subtle, non-glowing (IR compliant), and dust/water resistant to allow field use following the "blast". That's my vote.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13987 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Just like our SigForum ring, if this becomes available for purchase, I will definitely get one.

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Just put this on it.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7652 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"The way I look at it, this watch is our birthright."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44480 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I like Sig Forum and the watch as is with no color changes.

Posts: 18141 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Just Sig Forum would look best I think. If it has to have a picture how about the one with the plate of bacon and the sig next to it.

Posts: 3777 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
As stated….”Sig Forum” on the face would be cool.
That is a great idea Dave! Looking forward to see it progress

Posts: 3161 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I would suggest a tan face, to match the color of the main background of SIGforum,

SIGforum main background is "Tan'? Not pale green?

Posts: 16187 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I suggest:

SIGforum (in the top area), and

>>>Eco-Drive<<< (in the bottom)

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
About time! Big Grin

Excellent idea. I like smschultz suggestion.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12268 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I would echo the desire for an automatic movement.

The green color is great

I like just "SIGforum"

and I want to buy one (even if it is quartz)... I am unsure how Karma would work. I would hate for you to eat the cost and Karma one each month...

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Dave, with that watch, a more simple "SIG FORUM" would likely look better.

I like the landing page but envision some part of it being obstructed by the dial post and hands.

BTW: Not being able to buy one is quite cruel Smile

I would say pretty much the same thing.

If I were designing such a watch, I would put a subdued Trojan helmet, similar to our molon lobe rings, where “citizen“ is, and “sigForum“ down where it says Eco Drive.

For the helmet logo, I’m thinking something similar to the way Rolex and Omega place their logo at the top of their watches.

I like this idea. I think I'd prefer a black leather or NATO strap, but that's an easy change for the end user to personalize it. I would like to be able to purchase one as well, but I can't argue against a Karma only system either.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2786 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
SIG for the hour hand, forum for the minute hand.

Q

Posts: 27563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think it should be the words and not the logo

my two cents, probably worth less than that

Posts: 53806 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I notice all watches within a 500' radius. If I ever come across a SIG Forum watch in the wild, we will be friends.

Posts: 3686 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Count me with those who would like to see the words "Sig Forum" on it.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7280 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4186 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Just the text.

And I’d buy one if they’re for sale

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11468 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I think a graphic would be very interesting and sharp. Interesting I started wearing my watches daily again, after relying only on a cell phone for so long. Watches are much better for checking the time. Duh on me.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8926 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post