SIGforum
Guess we have a new dog...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1290050294

May 15, 2022, 02:53 PM
Lord Vaalic
Guess we have a new dog...
I wasn't going to bring in a new dog and upset my older dog, but the wife works with a dog rescue, so one came home with her.

Its an Australian Shephard, female. She's skittish, and has food protection issues, so we need to work with her a bit but seems very friendly otherwise. She tried to bite my wife when she tried to pull her out of the other dogs food bowl, so she is unadoptable, that's why we got her.

She's really fat, so whoever had her clearly fed her well and she seems very friendly and happy around people, so no signs of any mis-treatment.

So I guess she is staying

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
May 15, 2022, 02:58 PM
bigdeal
Congrats on the new family member. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
May 15, 2022, 02:59 PM
ThankGod4Sig

P.S Tell your dog I said hi!

P.P.S. Tell your dog my dog says hi

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para
May 15, 2022, 04:33 PM
Riley
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:

P.S Tell your dog I said hi!

P.P.S. Tell your dog my dog says hi

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.
May 15, 2022, 05:02 PM
irreverent
Congrats! Another reason she might be a chunky monkey is that she’s learned that if she snaps whatever food is there won’t be removed (previous owners were afraid of getting bitten and left her with excess..) So have your wife weigh/measure out exactly what she needs for the day, and I highly recommend kenneling for them while they eat. These issues don’t have an opportunity to crop up if they are physically separated. (ymmv)

"Trust, but verify."
May 15, 2022, 05:55 PM
smschulz
quote:
works with a dog rescue, so one came home with her.

... it happens ... Smile

It's all good.
May 15, 2022, 08:09 PM
ARman
Ahyoka Star and I want to welcome the new family member to the pack.

Aussies are great "people", just ask Ahyoka Star!

ARman

P.S., let's see the pup!
May 15, 2022, 10:31 PM
coloradohunter44
Congrats and thanks for taking her in. Hope you get past the food issues.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
May 15, 2022, 10:42 PM
bronsht
Picture, please.

My dog expired mid February after a long illness.
I still pine for her.
May 15, 2022, 10:49 PM
1s1k
I cold never work at a place like that unless I lived on a farm or something. I would do the exact same thing way to often. Congrats!
May 16, 2022, 05:34 AM
sybo
PICS…………………..
May 16, 2022, 08:52 AM
snwghst
My rescue Aussie had food issues also. I fed all the dogs at different times with only 1 in the house at a time. I also needed to put an insert in the bowl that forced her to slow down eating

Over time it worked. I still needed to keep an eye on her as she would stalk the others bowls

Congrats on the new pup. Aussies are great!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever