SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guess we have a new dog...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guess we have a new dog... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I wasn't going to bring in a new dog and upset my older dog, but the wife works with a dog rescue, so one came home with her.

Its an Australian Shephard, female. She's skittish, and has food protection issues, so we need to work with her a bit but seems very friendly otherwise. She tried to bite my wife when she tried to pull her out of the other dogs food bowl, so she is unadoptable, that's why we got her.

She's really fat, so whoever had her clearly fed her well and she seems very friendly and happy around people, so no signs of any mis-treatment.

So I guess she is staying

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new family member. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post

P.S Tell your dog I said hi!

P.P.S. Tell your dog my dog says hi

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:

P.S Tell your dog I said hi!

P.P.S. Tell your dog my dog says hi

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Another reason she might be a chunky monkey is that she’s learned that if she snaps whatever food is there won’t be removed (previous owners were afraid of getting bitten and left her with excess..) So have your wife weigh/measure out exactly what she needs for the day, and I highly recommend kenneling for them while they eat. These issues don’t have an opportunity to crop up if they are physically separated. (ymmv)

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
works with a dog rescue, so one came home with her.

... it happens ... Smile

It's all good.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahyoka Star and I want to welcome the new family member to the pack.

Aussies are great "people", just ask Ahyoka Star!

ARman

P.S., let's see the pup!

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats and thanks for taking her in. Hope you get past the food issues.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picture, please.

My dog expired mid February after a long illness.
I still pine for her.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cold never work at a place like that unless I lived on a farm or something. I would do the exact same thing way to often. Congrats!

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
PICS…………………..

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My rescue Aussie had food issues also. I fed all the dogs at different times with only 1 in the house at a time. I also needed to put an insert in the bowl that forced her to slow down eating

Over time it worked. I still needed to keep an eye on her as she would stalk the others bowls

Congrats on the new pup. Aussies are great!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post