SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What’s more heartwarming than the sound of a Lamborghini Gallardo with a custom exhaust?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s more heartwarming than the sound of a Lamborghini Gallardo with a custom exhaust? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There is nothing more intoxicating than the sound of a herd of Offenhauser 4 cylinders rounding turn 4 and driving towards the green flag at full throttle. BTW, that 4 cylinder was dominant in Indy racing for over 50 years.

Another wonderful sounding engine is the rumble of a cross plane V8 such as the Ford 427 Side Oiler as used in the GT 40. That old fashioned cam in block V8 just crushed Ferrari's finest in 1966.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5770 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, I love the sound of a piped I4 motorcycle.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cars with a proper exhaust sound fantastic regardless of how many cylinders. However, the v12 and v10 have very different sounds than an i4 or v6. BUT, an h6 in a Porsche sings a nice song too. If done wrong, like the majority of the rice burners with fart cans, they sound horrible. Just tonight some douche in a crustang had an obnoxious exhaust that popped and crackled so loud I could hear it over the radio playing with the windows up. I know how good they can sound and this was not it.

Your kids have good taste too. Start saving now for their first Lamborghini... Oh. If you want some real music. Go to an NHRA drag race and watch the nitro cars run. You'll never forget the feeling in your chest!

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post