SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What’s more heartwarming than the sound of a Lamborghini Gallardo with a custom exhaust?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s more heartwarming than the sound of a Lamborghini Gallardo with a custom exhaust? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
My 3 boys pure excitement every time the neighbor fires it up.
They stop what they are doing holler that Bumble Bee (it is yellow with black wheels) is coming and run outside to watch the neighbor drive off.
They stand at the road and give the old fashioned truck horn signal and the neighbor does some high revs as he heads down the road.

The Gallardo and my Boy’s excitement is pure Joy!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I remember the first time I heard a Ferrari Testarossa in person. It was pretty awesome.

Super cool your kids get so excited about it.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
I've heard many.

The one I most remember is the impossibly tall and thin Chinese girl in the very high heels exiting a high end couture boutique in Beijing's San Litun district, putting the shopping bags in her Ferrari's "frunk" and then firing it up and winding it to redline as she drove away.

And it was just a flat plane V8, not a V12.

Plenty of Lambo's on the street, or outside the hotel, navigating dense roundabouts and incurring massive while/tire damage on Chinese roads.

Posts: 4957 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Something about a V10. Saw an LFA on the road once, puts out a glorious sound.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16014 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
So disappointed as all I hear are crickets. Heck, I don't even hear those. Confused

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
So disappointed as all I hear are crickets. Heck, I don't even hear those. Confused
Eh?

Posts: 6791 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Your boys have excellent taste already. There is little on the planet IMO that compares to that naturally aspirated V10 in the Gallardo. And when you unleash it with an aftermarket exhaust, Oh my!

Crank the volume and let er eat! Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
If you listen to VH's Panama, that's Eddie's Lambo Miura revving in the middle of the song.

Posts: 3692 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
IMO, a Harley-Davidson with open pipes.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Something about the sound of a V-10. Be it an Audi 5.2L at the Nurburgring or an 8.3L Viper at idle.

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Eh?

I expected a video so we could hear the heart warming sound. Along the same lines as people expecting a picture of the new gun when someone posts a thread that they just bought a new gun and the disappointment when there's no picture.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Your boys have excellent taste already. There is little on the planet IMO that compares to that naturally aspirated V10 in the Gallardo. And when you unleash it with an aftermarket exhaust, Oh my!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vd3ZhP3JeKU?start=74" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

that cant be good on an engine with no load.

Posts: 5678 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Jeremy,

This is better than the Lambo. I can’t find the video from back in the day that I loved, but this gets the point across.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vd3ZhP3JeKU?start=74" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

While I’ll grant you that the Lambo has an intoxicating sound there is literally no sound better in this universe than the sound of a V-10 Ferrari Formula 1 car...
The fist time I heard one practicing the hairs on my arms literally stood on end..

https://youtu.be/qvWxhhi0_yk

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just about all the V10 F1 cars are intoxicating to the ears.

I remember hearing the F1 experience 2 seater at COTA & it stopped just about everyone in their tracks. Audible from a mile away.
Can't imagine 22 or them screaming by at once.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16014 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I get excited every time I start my car, the new exhaust is my favorite mod. Wife says my car is purring when I start it.

I could only imagine the sound of owning a super car, even if I somehow became a millionaire, I'd still never buy one, but I really want to rent one for a few days.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

Neighbors is the same color but sounds even better than that.
His is so very crisp. It is a one off exhaust be designed himself. Pretty sure he is currently working on a twin turbo setup.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid my friends dad had a early 70s Ferrari 2+2. It was super cool he would let it idle for like 10 minutes before taking us on a ride. I do like the high winding of a European super car. But for me nothing gets me going like an over cammed, under muffled, American V8. Either modern or old like a strait pipe big block cobra.

Posts: 4978 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:

While I’ll grant you that the Lambo has an intoxicating sound there is literally no sound better in this universe than the sound of a V-10 Ferrari Formula 1 car...
The fist time I heard one practicing the hairs on my arms literally stood on end..

I was keeping it to road going cars, but your comments about F1 screamers is right on.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Screamers is right. I personally prefer thumps to screams. Big block V-8s or H-Ds.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post