SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm unemployed!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm unemployed! Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new job. Enjoy.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
It's not often I congratulate someone for becoming unemployed... but congratulations!

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Even with all your planned projects, hope you find a little time to enjoy as well.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Hey, I have to brag a little. Did I ever mention here what a great team I had?

Eleven people under my umbrella, in two departments. Truly, a great bunch of people, and certainly my "extended family." The newest of the bunch I just met (and hired) last May, the most long-term of them is a gentleman I have worked with for 28 years at two employers.

I went looking for a new weed trimmer recently, and learned that the local tractor dealer sells Stihl. The wife of one of my guys works there, so I texted her to ask about a certain model. After a short exchange, her last message was essentially, "I've got it here at the desk for you. I'll get it to you, or you can pick it up."

I gathered up some cash and headed over to pick it up. As we put the trimmer in the truck I remembered I hadn't yet paid for it. I said, "hey, I need to come back in and put some cash in your hand." She said, "no you don't. You don't owe a thing. The guys got together and funded it, as sort of a thank you / going away gift."

Dang, I had a great team! Cool
I do hope the organization treats them well going forward.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new job!

As you say, hopefully you can bring some of the old team over to "your side" soon.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38642 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post