SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Simple, stable beer glass
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simple, stable beer glass Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
after three camping seasons of listening to "Peachy" lament on how he really needed to cut down on his beer consumption,

Dad made him a beer can holder at the shop at work, it weighed 26 ounces, and it had his name on the side .

It worked , instead of ole Peach pouring two six packs of beer down his craw, he only drank one!,
Dad got orders for three more Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
These are the only beer glasses worth having, and a lot of 4 for $10 OBO + shipping is very good. Ravenhead Thumbprint Dimpled Beer Steins

Simple? No. Stable? No. I do have two elegant "Pilsner" (conical shape) beer glasses that I use only on Sunday evenings (or for guests). 0.5L capacity. Like this one, except that mine are larger:

https://www.amazon.com/Schott-...23d84aed4cc177aa7b75

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like commercial barware (especially the octagon botton/round top) and the standard British pint glass.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For 'stable', it would be hard to beat the Uncola glass from the '70s. Available on Ebay. It's an inverted coca-cola glass; the base is about 1.5 times as wide as the mouth.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
For my "bed beer" (German) I don't like simple or glass. I do like stable so...

note: If it ever does tip over someone is gonna get cut!

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Have you considered:

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
You want simple and stable?

Like this?

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
If your beer gets warm you're drinking it too slowly.

not if you are drinking good beer,

let a stout, or a Belgian warm up a bit while drinking,,, tastes amazing

as far as a glass, never had an issue with a standard beer tumbler,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10422 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
My favorite beer mug looks similar to this one.

Those extra large Golden Harvest versions are my coffee mugs.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Doesn't look stable enough to me....

flashguy

You are right. I received these glasses yesterday, and discovered that their bottoms are somewhat more rounded than it appears in the photo. So I set an 8-1/2" Corelle plate upside down on my bed, a cardboard coaster on that, and the glass of beer on the coaster. So my search goes on. Even so, they're nice glasses, and hold a 12 oz beer with plenty of freeboard.

https://m.crateandbarrel.com/can-glass/s430391

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Perhaps something like one of the various "commuter" coffee mugs, which have a wide base? The insulated ones would have the added benefit of keeping the beer cold longer.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you should consider changing locales and have your beer in the tub instead.

Just a suggestion of course, but it looks beneficial to me.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or...put one of them in the bed and ask her to hold your beer. Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Do you ever slice bread in bed?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Adult sippy cup is what you need.

It’s about time adults got their own sippy cup. After all, an inebriated adult is just as likely to spill their drink as their 2 year old toddler. The beer sippy cup allows you to drink without spilling a single drop while the double insulated tumbler keep your hands dry and beer cold.

https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/adult-sippy-cup/

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Get one of these and you are good to go for both the laptop and beer in any glass you want.

https://www.amazon.com/Adjusta...bed+table+for+laptop

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought beer came in it's own glass.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I finally found the perfect simple, stable beer glass:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004...ages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was looking for a glass with these practical, utilitarian properties:
* Holds a 12 oz beer with freeboard
* Sits stably on my bed
* Easy to wash and dry

But when I received them, I found that they were quite elegant:
* Clear glass with no green tint
* Thin, uniform sides
* Mechanically polished rim

Initially, I was a bit annoyed that I had to buy six when I wanted only two, but after I saw how nice they were I was glad to have six of them.

Serious about crackers

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you ever slice bread in bed?

No, I usually just cut cheese. But "slice" has a much more polished sound. Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Mighty Mug is a high tech solution. The bigger the flat non-porous base you choose for your bed, the more stable the mug.

Mighty Mug

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post