SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Simple, stable beer glass
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simple, stable beer glass Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I've long been searching the web for a simple, inexpensive, lightweight beer glass that will be stable sitting on my bed. Surprisingly hard to find one, but finally found this:

https://m.crateandbarrel.com/can-glass/s430391

Its capacity is 16 oz, the size necessary to comfortably hold a 12 oz beer. Ordered two yesterday evening.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
You drink beer in bed often enough to need a special glass? Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Isn't that what they make nightstands for?

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

At home, I usually drink beer only in the evening, after supper. And nearly always while sitting in bed with my laptop doing my daily laptop things. And my Stiegl Pils at hand.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
Those glasses don't look half bad...

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C'mon....the Mason Jar!!

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Won't stay cold very long. Use one of the WalMart stainless mugs.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your beer gets warm you're drinking it too slowly.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Makes perfect sense. It just sounded funny. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

The bed, much like the shower, are highly under appreciated locales for a tasty beverage. That said, beers are for the shower and whisky is for the bed. Bed beers are a no go.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look stable enough to me....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Isn't that what they make nightstands for?

My nightstand is occupied by my SIG X5, my Kindle, and some snail mail. But even if it was bare, it's an easier reach with the beer glass on my bed.

Serious about crackers

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Huh. Somehow it never occurred to me there'd be a need for a beer glass that would be stable sitting on a bed.

Cool beer glass, though.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
My favorite beer mug looks similar to this one.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute- Beer is not just for breakfast anymore??

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
This is the only beer glass you should have. It's engineered to keep your beer colder longer and has a 1L capacity. Razz

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
those look like the bottom of a beer bottle. You could just get a glass cutter and cut the neck down to the shoulder off the bottles yourself , I have a buddy that did that and sells them.. they're pretty cool

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I prefer a frosty mug. Smile

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
These are the only beer glasses worth having, and a lot of 4 for $10 OBO + shipping is very good. Ravenhead Thumbprint Dimpled Beer Steins

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'll have to post my collection later.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post