SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Congressional Testimony. Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall and Rep. Michael Waltz, Armed Services Committee
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congressional Testimony. Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall and Rep. Michael Waltz, Armed Services Committee Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I couldn’t think of an existing thread that this video fit neatly into. Secretary Kendall is no slouch Biden appointee; he’s been serving in the DoD since 1981, West Point graduate and retired Army LTC, and an attorney—he is a Democrat.

Rep. Waltz is from Florida’s sixth district. He is a combat decorated officer of Army SF and still serves as a colonel in the Army National Guard. Waltz is a Republican.

The exchange between the two men is respectful and not at all contentious, but Waltz asks tough questions of a man who has had many roles in DoD, including procurement.

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just money laundering folks. Move along,nothing to see here.

Posts: 93 | Registered: December 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retired top officer at pentagon parts procurement isn’t a C suite executive /board of director at Boeing/Lockheed/Raytheon etc. What’s wrong with him ?

Posts: 4773 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that someone is addressing Genysis.

Is there more context on the Airframes the bushings where part of?

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Retired top officer at pentagon parts procurement isn’t a C suite executive /board of director at Boeing/Lockheed/Raytheon etc. What’s wrong with him ?

He isn't a retired GO.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the itemized breakdown of why that bag of bushings cost 90k. Arent we supposed to have people that ask those questions? I know of 80,000 IRS agents that we could use to evaluate itemized cost lists.

Posts: 667 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:

I haven’t found anything more. Makes you look back fondly at the $640 toilet seat, doesn’t it

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

I haven’t found anything more. Makes you look back fondly at the $640 toilet seat, doesn’t it

You think airplanes are bad, check out IT procurement. I'm looking at a $100K "processing fee" for another element of DA to push paper.

Back to the video, If the bearings are for something that is shuttling things around the US and not a combat zone, lets go with the FAA certified bearing. If it's for a Jet Fighter or Nuclear Bomber, I'm not sure that the FAA certifies those.

Thank you for sharing the video.

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
You think airplanes are bad, check out IT procurement. I'm looking at a $100K "processing fee" for another element of DA to push paper.

Back to the video, If the bearings are for something that is shuttling things around the US and not a combat zone, lets go with the FAA certified bearing. If it's for a Jet Fighter or Nuclear Bomber, I'm not sure that the FAA certifies those.

I would agree about the need for the highest standards for fighters and bombers. I wonder though, Waltz talked specifically about the Air Force’s “pickup trucks.” The C-130 is turboprop and I get the feeling that the Congressman was referring to the turbines in that sort of aircraft.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I would agree about the need for the highest standards for fighters and bombers. I wonder though, Waltz talked specifically about the Air Force’s “pickup trucks.” The C-130 is turboprop and I get the feeling that the Congressman was referring to the turbines in that sort of aircraft.

Thats what I was thinking or if they had a fleet of utility aircraft for CONUS.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:

He isn't a retired GO.

He’s a secretary of the AF. That’s. Civilian job. and retired army LT Colonel and West Point grad. Previously he was undersecretary of acquisition of 90,000 bags of parts. But turns out he did in fact work as a VP at Raytheon so the math appears to check.

Posts: 4773 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bushings not bearings. Bushings are much less sophisticated.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23269 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I would like to see the itemized breakdown of why that bag of bushings cost 90k.
Here you go:
Qty. 100 bushings:                    $450.00
Inspection and validation services: $1,500.00
Shipping and handling:                 $50.00
Political contributions and 
"expediting" fees:                 $88,000.00
                                   ===========
                                   $90,000.00

Posts: 6484 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Deez nuts cost 90 grand

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post