SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a Lexus GX460? Or should I look at a 4Runner instead?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a Lexus GX460? Or should I look at a 4Runner instead? Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Have had 2 4Runners and both were great vehicles. The downsides; they're slow and suck gas.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11784 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Definitely
NOT Banned
Picture of teombe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
My dad had 2 4Runners, a 03 SR5 V6 4wd & a 05 Limited V8 4wd
Both were really nice to drive, definitely less trucklike than expected. Him & I both preferred the V6 to the V8.

The engines in those are basically the same as the ones currently on sale, with very few changes. Just a point of reference for ya.

Posts: 2044 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: February 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Have had 2 4Runners and both were great vehicles. The downsides; they're slow and suck gas.

Can't be slower than my Malibu Razz
For a small 4 cyl sedan, it shockingly only gets about 22MPG. Best I've gotten was a 12hr drive from Houston to KCMO & got 29.8mpg, couldn't even crack into the 30s.
So, the hit for going to a truck/SUV isn't as huge as it was leaving my Mercedes, which could do very high 30s on the highway.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15381 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
If you consider the 4-Runner, avoid the cross over suspension model. My 2015 Limited, has a suspension where the driver front shocks are connected to the passenger rear shocks with a buffer cylinder between. Of course the passenger front connects to the driver rear. It’s an attempt to stop body roll over rough terrain. I’m not sure how well that works, but I do know if you start having a leaky shock (anywhere), you have to replace the whole thing @ around $5,600. Ask me how I know.

Roll Eyes Not at you, but at ridiculously over-complicated and needless shit that, when - not if - it breaks, costs a fortune to repair.

Posts: 28009 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post