SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In today's edition of Someone's Confused and I Think It's Most of Us...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In today's edition of Someone's Confused and I Think It's Most of Us... Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Norwegian filmmaker faces up to 3 years in prison for saying men cannot be lesbians

Maxine Headroom

So, men can be lesbians? How would anyone notice?

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Prison for speaking the TRUTH! Make no mistake, the friggin libs would love to make it so here!

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maxine Headroom

I see the resemblance!

Prison for speech that doesn't threaten any (normal) person?
The world is going further and further insane every day.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, that Matt guy, he never ages. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26405 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever wonder where all this sexual identity confusion or rather delusion originated?
The same-sex marriage is what kicked it in to high gear and let the inmates out of the asylum but I imagine it started prior.
Another fine mess we've got ourselves into here.
Confused

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Well, I’ve been claiming to be a lesbian trapped in a man”s body for years….

Readers digest version the article…

She is a real life lesbian and made the remarks towards a former male/now trans “woman” who claims to be a lesbian (So basically a dude who dresses as a chick having dude feelings towards chicks)

The Norwegian hate laws evidently list gender identity stuff as being protected so telling someone they aren’t what they think or fantasize they are is now a criminal offense punishable by prison.

It’s a strange, strange world…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I know this joke is older than dirt but it kinda fits the theme of the thread and there are some youngsters on the forum:

An old cowboy went to a bar and ordered a drink. As he sat sipping his whiskey, a young lady sat down next to him. She turned to the cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?" He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life on the ranch, herding horses, mending fences, and branding cattle, so I guess I am." She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I shower, I think about women. As I watch TV, or even eat, I think about women. Everything seems to make me think about women." The two sat sipping in silence. A short time later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?" He replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out that I'm a lesbian."

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
The resemblance is uncanny.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I'm confused, and again confused/grateful at the same time.

I'm confused of course, by the insistence that you don't dare use labels, by the people that want to put a label on EVERYTHING and then persecute anyone who goes against it.

I'm grateful that I live in a country that has First Amendment protections so you can't be jailed for expressing an opinion.

This world gets weirder and weirder every day. I don't like it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I'm grateful that I live in a country that has First Amendment protections so you can't be jailed for expressing an opinion.

I wouldn't be so confident in that these days.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the points above. One other thing that concerns me, much more than people who are genderpuzzled, is the idea that challenging whether a person's self-selected label (in this case "lesbian") applies to them qualifies as criminal hate speech.

If someone claims to be a lesbian and another responds that they hate lesbians and want to kill all of them, I could understand someone construing that as hate speech. (Whether that should be criminal is a different question).

If someone claims to be a lesbian and another responds "No, you're not," it's beyond Orwellian to call that hateful, let alone a criminal offense.

Disagreeing with people is a fundamental part of discourse--we lose our ability to think if we can't disagree.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

I agree but the gov won't directly be involved. They will wage another proxy way with private business and corporations as their enforcement like they did with covid.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When's the Comet coming? I'm ready.

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Well, if men can get pregnant, I guess they can be lesbians.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
quote:

I agree but the gov won't directly be involved.

Ask the January 6th people who are still in the gulags for exercising their 1st Amendment rights. Wink

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
Ah, the wars between activists of different sects in the general same camp via mutual provocations to create sensationalist headlines, generating lots of clicks but amounting to nothing. A couple months ago there were the same headlines about another Norwegian feminist who had said the same things about the same transgender activist, for which the latter filed charges against her. As per standard media SOP, everyone acted like the investigation would lead to trial, trial to conviction, and conviction to maximum sentence then, too.

When the new case broke, said transgender activist went on Facebook to state authorities had informed him/her they had dropped the first investigation as no grounds to prosecute could be established; he/she went on to say he/she wouldn't do it again because the publicity generated a lot of additional hate for him/her - then blamed authorities for opening the new case unprompted, repeating the cycle. There's just no pleasing some people.

Posts: 2418 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
quote:

I agree but the gov won't directly be involved.

Ask the January 6th people who are still in the gulags for exercising their 1st Amendment rights. Wink

That's a pretty significant oversimplification.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post