SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tacoma Tonneau Cover Suggestions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tacoma Tonneau Cover Suggestions Login/Join 
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
I had a Tacoma a few years back and had a Bakflip R2. Best secure roll up cover. Sold the Tacoma and got a Tundra and bought another Bakflip R2. Nice have the ability to roll the cover up and have it be secure. Holds 400 pounds on top if needed.
https://bakflip.com/bak-revolv...2-tonneau-cover.html

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greyeyezz:
If you need something that is absolutely waterproof for transporting things that cannot get wet, undercover is the only answer. Downside is it severely limits your storage capacity.

If there is a folding type cover that won't leak in a driving rainstorm at 70 MPH for 3 hours I will gladly get one.

I travel out of state to my property often with firearms, power tools and clothing so the undercover is the only answer for now.

Mine doesnt leak driving 70 in Texas flood storms. The bed bone dry when I wash my truck with a 3500 psi pressure washer.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I've got a BakFlip Vp on my F-150 and I've been happy with it. My thinking was that having the seamless venial cover over the hinges would help in keeping things in the bed dry. So far so good. That said, if buying a new one I'd probably go with the BakFlip MX4, it has the ability to close the tailgate without having to open the tonneau cover.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Truxedo Lo Pro Is what I put on my truck ~ great cover but it does roll ~ sorry.

Truxedo here, also, on my Sierra. Fabulous cover.
Leaks? Even going down the road at 70 mph in rain? Nope, simply doesn't happen. Nor when parked. Nor when just driving around town. I've left "stuff", including tools, in the truck bed under the cover for weeks at a time with absolutely no issues. And I can have it ready - by myself - to carry a refrigerator upright in about 17.639 seconds if needed. Wink Installation, even by yourself, is about a 3-beer job.

Yeah, I know this violates each of the guidelines in your original post but stay aware that there are other good options.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bakflip G2 on my F150 love it.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post