SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    gun registration and tracking?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

gun registration and tracking? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I found out when I bought a gun a couple of months ago every sale in MA at a gun store or face to face goes into a database.

I saw my record on the screen as the FFL filled it out on a computer as I was watching.

When I did a a face to face the seller did the same on his cell phone, EFA10, The e is for electronic you can fill out a FA10 and mail it in.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Mass. is doing a de facto registration on line with each purchase, I believe that is a state based registration. Federal govt. is prohibited, by law, (Currently) from doing anything beyond the paper 4473.

As I understand it the dealer is required to keep a 4473 copy and a copy goes into federal records storage in West Virginia. They are not allowed (again by law) to computerize those records either. Hard/paper copies are kept there.

If memory serves, when a Local Dealer closes up shop his record book of sales (all his 4473’s) are then forwarded to the Feds as well.

One effort of the democrats is to “close the loop”. This effort includes requiring that ALL firearm sales, new or used, go through an FFL. They want to create a paper trail for every firearm, no matter how long it takes or how old the weapon. The plan would/could include another facet - by backs of unwanted weapons or a simple “turn it in, no questions asked” plan. I can already envision taxpayer money going to billboards - “Got a gun you want to get rid of? Turn it in to your local police”.

We all need to be aware and remember that here their approach is two pronged - if they can write a law and take the item today, great and good for “all”. If it can’t be done that way then they will take the Right an inch at a time with the same, eventual result.
This is why “reasonable gun laws” aren’t. It is all about incremental steps to complete confiscation.

What they cannot see is the mayhem that would cause - criminals having weapons and law abiding being unarmed.

“But the police will protect me!”

They can’t do it now and legally aren’t required to.

“What?” “Well, we need more police”.

You defunded them....

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post