SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you have an in with the Big Guy, I can use your help
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you have an in with the Big Guy, I can use your help Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I've been through three cardioversions and an ablation. Of the three cardioversions, I've had one that was unsuccessful (after two zaps) and two that were successful but one only after the doctor cranked up the voltage.

Lost a small chunk of my tongue after one that I assume I must have bit down on my tongue during the procedure. One of the interesting side-effects, at least for me, is that in addition to the "zap" mark on your chest I noticed that a couple of minor skin defects, a mole and a small wart on my hand turned much darker immediately after and for several days later every time I had the procedure before slowly returning to their normal color.

Depending on the doctor doing the procedure you may either receive just a general anesthesia that leaves you sleepy but conscious during the procedure or may include an anesthesiologist that puts you all the way under for a short period of time.

There is no pain during or afterwards...but there is no missing the fact that your body will register the fact that something traumatic has happened and you might "feel" like you were kicked by a mule.

Recovery is usually pretty quick, but in the instance where my cardioversion failed I was in bad shape and they held me for several hours due to low BP.

Prayers and good thoughts for a successful procedure and quick recovery time!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
More power to you.

Big Grin Big Grin

Probably 100 Joules.
Prayers for success and continued success afterward, and that God guide the hands of those caring for you.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Will include you. Good Luck.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I am late to this, but I pray that this procedure was successful and that you are doing well, Sig2340.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
You got it Brother.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. Hope it works as planned.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
More power to you.

Big Grin Big Grin

Probably 100 Joules.

I speak English!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent my friend.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

... I speak English!!

How are you? Was the procedure successful?

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Procedure was successful.
I'm home, flaked out in bed.

I actually think I can feel a difference in how my heart beats.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it, man. Smile

Rest, hydrate, avoid salt, sugar, caffeine, and do whatever they told you to do. Feel better. Smile

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great news!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

excellent

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, you're now also Taser-certified!

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Missed the thread, but glad to hear all is well.

Coincidentally, my father was just in the hospital for the same thing this past weekend. The doctor actually believes he was in A.fib for the past couple of weeks! He just had surgery in fact and is doing well.

So that makes two of you! God bless.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you that this did the job and you feel better soon!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck. With what everyone hear has said I truly believe you will be fine.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great news! I was probably in A-Fib for years (along with other cardio issues) and while I knew that I felt something unusual I had ignored it for so many years that I really didn't know what normal or regular felt like...once they got me back in rhythm I slowly started to notice just small improvements and, over years, started to feel increasingly better...but I think I'm detecting the first signs of A-fib returning.

If you have one of those home monitors that measures pulse ox/ temp/ and heart rhythm start checking your rhythm and note how it compares with how you feel...you'll start to become aware of any rhythm changes and how you perceive them and how you feel at the time those changes take place...honing your early warning system.

Glad you're doing ok! Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post