SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Old members coming out of the woodwork
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old members coming out of the woodwork Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, as I've said, it's perfectly fine if some members don't post. Do keep in mind, though, that in order for there to be a forum at all, we must have contributions from members.

Some of you feel as if you have nothing to add to the conversation, but, within this group, there's going to be at least one subject you know more about than most of the other members around here. You do have something to contribute. You just have to be willing to put yourself out there, where the jackals can nip at your heels. If you can get past that and if you can accept the possibility that someone may not like what you have to say, you may find that you have more to contribute than you now think.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Para, Mrvmax is having issue's. He said he has tried contacting both you and LDD. I think he is trying to change his email. But is locked out of the forum and has been for a while. I hope it is fine to post this here. I am guessing it is something caused by him. But seems like you might need to assist him. Thanks.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He just needs to email me

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've noticed a number of posts from people that have been long time members, sometimes for a decade or two, that have started posting a bit more lately.
Maybe it's being home more since the great plague and boredom but they still have something to contribute and a different viewpoint is what makes things interesting.
No reason to feel like a lack of expertise on a particular subject should hold anyone back and don't underestimate yourself.
The original inspiration for this thread seems to be directed more at those that have been long time members in years, and recent sign ups, that only seem to appear when they want to use the specialized market provided here. They seem to have enough expertise to determine what top dollar is for their wares but are reluctant to share any of that for the other conversations that make this what it is.
The fact that the Lounge is the largest area on the forum shows that there's a lot more talked about here than just Sig's or other guns.

Posts: 9524 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'm one of the members who posted here for a while and then went away. I went away because of one particular member here who really rubbed me the wrong way. He's gone now though.

Anyway, I came back because of several problems with another board I used to hang out on. I ultimately got what amounts to an apology from a super Moderator there but I'm not going back there for the forseeable future. This place seems to have a different flavor than it did when I posted here a few years ago and I like it a lot.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
Para, thanks for comments on why posting to the forums is important. I've been here for a number of years (fourteen, I believe), mostly reading, but have not posted that much thinking I really didn't have much to offer, and that there were folks that knew way more than me. I now understand better why contributions from all points of view are important and can help elicit even more discussion if you are willing to wade in. Thanks for the virtual "kick in the butt" to get more involved.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
You a smart man Para. Street wise and book wise. You get human nature and have as good a grasp as any I've seen of the human condition, why man does what he does. ying yang, good and evil, greed and deceit along with goodwill and incredible generosity are all displayed in this forum over time.

I'm still an active gun trader but I'll bet I haven't been to the classifieds three times in my dozen years here, of course I am a revolver guy and joined Sig Forum back when Para still owned S&W. Those were sure good days on that forum. I learned more about Detroit and the special squads from guys that were there. Wild and wooly politics and you'd better have your big boy pants on because it could get rowdy. A few old timers still around but most are gone. I think the retention rate is better here. I seldom get past the lounge - too much entertainment and education. You got the knack for this forum stuff, Para. Smile

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Thank you for allowing me to be a guest in your house, Para, and for the way you run the joint. It is a privilege.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post