SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Son Has The Wu Flu
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Son Has The Wu Flu Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted
He called last Thursday and told us he was sick as a dog and was getting tested. Tested positive later that day and had both Moderna shots with the second one in early June. He's still in good spirits and calls each day to let us know how he's doing so it seems like he'll get by it but not soon enough according to him. He said it feels like a bad flu. I've been dropping meds and groceries at his door and waving from the truck when he comes out.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Hope he gets better fast. My experience was a bad flu with a little mono mixed in….4 days of fever and crap for two weeks. Still can’t smell or taste

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Our experience at my health system is that anyone fully vaccinated who catches it and is bad enough to be admitted tend to have good outcomes. And that's for people that are even bad enough to be admitted. Most of course, never get that bad.

Our ICU has been pretty full for months. Many intubated. All ages, from 30's 40's and up. One in his/her 20s. Generally, none vaccinated (though I recall an 80+ year old that was). I know it's not the popular topic/answer with everyone here, but your son is in a much better position with the vaccination.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post