SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LT COL Vindman retires
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LT COL Vindman retires Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
Why retire now?
So it makes me wonder if there is something else up with this. Does he think the Democrats are going to give him a high level position if he become available now? Does he think CNN needs another anti-Trump commentator? This guy's utility to the Democrats and/or CNN has a half-life of about 60 days.

He's 14 seconds into his 15 seconds of fame, and has probably gotten a couple interesting possibilities floated to him from political groups and media groups. So he's high on his own hype, and figure's he'll take his ball, go home, and get himself some of that greener grass from the other side of the fence.

But in about 1 more second, he'll have outlived his brief spurt of fame, and be left twiddling his thumbs while collecting his O-5 retirement, dreaming about what coulda/shoulda been.

Posts: 32537 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has to be some kind of deal was brokered. Because just the other day Tammy Duckworth was all over the place threatening to hold up the entire promotion list if he wasn't on it. Then today he suddenly retires. Those two things have to be related.

Posts: 2488 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
And a huge sigh of RELIEF from EVERY underling in his Command. Wanna bet that guy was a real dick?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm so glad to get rid of him. He contributed nothing, had nothing to say.

He couldn't find a clue with a handful of clues in a clue field during clue-mating season.

Nicely said, Ha !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Based on the current pay scale, he'll be getting about $5,150 a month in retirement pay. Not bad for a traitorous asshole.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Glad to see him go. The left loves the military when they are traitors. Some of their recent heroes include this asshole, Manning and Bergdahl. They especially love John F'N Kerry.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Race Basters.

Classic.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I understand the retirement system he needs at least 6 months in grade for the promotion to count for retirement benefits.

I would not be surprised if they rig his retirement it get him six months.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
If I understand the retirement system he needs at least 6 months in grade for the promotion to count for retirement benefits.

Nah, you typically need 2-3 years to be fully paid at your last rank.

Yes, he might be "COL" but he'd be getting paid an average rate of his final 3 years pay (the majority of which would be O-5 pay).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
If one looked up "bitch" (as in prison bitch) in the dictionary, this twat's photo would be definition enough.

What. A. Bitch.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Vindman gone, ifithitu gone. Whata thread, whata day.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

Nah, you typically need 2-3 years to be fully paid at your last rank.

Yes, he might be "COL" but he'd be getting paid an average rate of his final 3 years pay (the majority of which would be O-5 pay).

Actually it is his top three years of pay which could theoretically be more than his last three years average.

Posts: 6629 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Actually it is his top three years of pay which could theoretically be more than his last three years average.
Yeah, you are right. It's easy to assume your last 3 will be your high 3, but not always. But still, just because you pin on O-6 doesn't mean you're getting O-6 retirement pay from day 1.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post