SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.......?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.......? Login/Join 
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted
OK....I have some pretty extreme pain....Right Heel and Left Foot /Left Side....Plantar Facsiitis....I have Inserts and Exercises from my Podiatrist....Any other treatments or suggestions to put this stuff to sleep? Thanks Guys.....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm following this one since my wife is suffering bad in both feet.

Aside from LOTS of stretching, especially in the morning, and a heating pad to loosen the calf muscle, she has also found some relief sleeping in the boots that keep your feet bent at a 90 degree angle overnight.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Aleve and time. I tried the night splint sold by my podiatrist and it was worthless. After a few hours I had to take it off because it was so uncomfortable. I found some New Balance slides to wear around the house and they helped immensely.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I had that years ago. Slowly stretch the tendon in the arch of your foot by pushing your thumb against the tendon and holding for a minute or two. This is done before you put your feet down on the floor in the morning and as often as you can during the day finishing up at bed time. This is what helped me get rid of it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stretch & if that doesn't work, I had good results with the 'brace' that just has elastic around your foot at the arch. Like socks w/o toes, but tighter around the foot. I think a pair was <$10 on Amazon.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Frozen water bottle on arch of foot. See if doc will get you some Diclofenac / Voltaren.

Get a lacrosse ball or tennis ball to work out the arch in between water bottle sessions.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Push against a solid object and stretch your Achilles and feet every day. When mine flares up bad, I usually have to get the cortisone shot, in the bottom of the foot. Hurts for a bit, but the lack of pain is worth it.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Had it bad before for several years. Went quiet but had a bout last month.

1) Massage the calf muscles, both back side and also along the exterior shin (ankle to knee)

2) Use this ball often: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) Ice bath (20 minutes 2x per day)

4) Use crutches, even for 1 week after being able stand and walk. Keep off the feet

5) Avoid salt - anything that may lead to swelling.

6) Advil to reduce inflammation.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12747 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
You can probably find this at a local pharmacy, it helped me a ton.
Arch Strap

Posts: 3466 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Are you taking Lipitor?

Quitting this fixed that.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4235 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Sorry not much help besides that inserts solved my issue. I have them in every shoe, boot etc.

Try a different insert? The ones I have were based on stepping on a pressure pad(?) and it was based on an analysis of how I stood/shape of the foot.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2675 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Had it bad before for several years. Went quiet but had a bout last month.

1) Massage the calf muscles, both back side and also along the exterior shin (ankle to knee)

2) Use this ball often: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) Ice bath (20 minutes 2x per day)

4) Use crutches, even for 1 week after being able stand and walk. Keep off the feet

5) Avoid salt - anything that may lead to swelling.

6) Advil to reduce inflammation.
You can combine 2 & 3 by freezing a bottle of water and rolling on frozen water bottle.

I got a boot snd even though I rarely could endure it more than half the night it certainly helped stretch.

Regular shoes (even expensive walking shoes or cross trainers) have jack squat for arch support. I replaced my insoles with these arch supports .

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23306 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
There are various ways to tape the bottom of your foot and arch to help this. Youtube it and try some.

Posts: 11508 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would get an opinion from a podiatrist. After that and no matter what he does I would recommend a "Step Stretcher". I's a device that you step and it allows you to stretch virtually all the muscles in your lower leg including the foot muscles. I had PF years ago. After the surgery ( and PF can return years later ), I bought one and haven't had a problem since. I HIGHLY recommend one.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I urge anyone w/Plantar facitis to look into Clarix Flo- Umbilcal Cord- Lyopholized and injected. 80% success rates.
email me for clinicals

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8378 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had that for a few years. Stretching helped. But changing to better shoes is what made the entire difference and it went away 2 years ago for me.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
1. Visit Podiatrist.
2. Get monthly cortisone injections over a 2-3 month period.
3. Buy and wear inserts from Heel That Pain. https://heelthatpain.com/treat...l-length-heel-seats/
4. Time.

These worked for me. I pray they work for you.

Posts: 3810 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Not exactly plantar fasciitis, but I have flat feet and have to massage my soles often after a long day.

After all the foot massager products I've purchased, the best thing I've found was free- a section of polished bar stock stainless steel.

Mine is about an inch in diameter, just make sure the ends are de-burred.
Put the bar on the carpet and roll your foot over it while seated and adjust how much pressure you apply with body weight.

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Frozen water bottle on arch of foot. See if doc will get you some Diclofenac / Voltaren.

Get a lacrosse ball or tennis ball to work out the arch in between water bottle sessions.

+1 - This worked for me!!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post