SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.......?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.......? Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:

2. Get monthly cortisone injections over a 2-3 month period.

These worked for me. I pray they work for you.

Cortisone is very damaging when overused.
I'm surprised your doctor is doing it so frequently

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8378 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I tried various rolling and stretching methods, but my problem went away after starting a regimen of swimming and pool walking a few times a week.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Search the achieves here. JAllen posted some advice along with others when I suffered a bout. I have had it bad once before a long time ago. For me it was slipping on a old pair of shoes when going outside for short periods. The shoes had a bad spot that aggravated the tendon. Once it did it was game on.

I did stretches and frozen water bottle treatments. What really solved it for me was buying a good pair of shoes and dumping my favorite old timers. I can still feel it from time to time. But it is not the piano string effect that it was.

It hurts, trust me, I sympathize.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Search the achieves here. JAllen posted some advice along with others when I suffered a bout. ...

I linked that thread earlier in this one. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. Literally.

Stretching
rolling a ball with the affected foot
more stretching
making a conscious effort to not sit with your heel off the ground and toes down.
stretching
sleeping with the affected foot 90 degrees instead of pointed.
stretching
heel raises
anti inflammatory as needed
and more stretching.

Mine lasted about 3 months and was getting to the point where I was considering some more direct medical options when it suddenly cleared up overnight. Now it flares up maybe once every few months for a day or so.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
thanks ffips, I missed that Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My insurance paid for surgery to both my feet. I had plantar fasciotomy with topaz laser on both. Basically they make an incision to the side of your heel and push a red hot wire into the bottom of your heel in a designated pattern. The pattern makes hols in the fascia of the tendons allowing them to stretch thus relieving the pain.
That was 7 years ago, not a hint of pain since. Message me for more details if you want. Beat $50 co-pay I ever spent.

Posts: 114 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put your foot fairly vertical against a wall, and lean into it and really stretch your calf muscle. Feel the burn. It’s also affecting the other area. Don’t overdo it, but do it frequently.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The spiked ball really helps. It breaks down the tissue and muscles I keep it under the desk

HEALTHYMODELLIFE Premium Grade Spiky Massage Ball by Healthy Model Life - Highly Recommended for Plantar Fasciitis - Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z...cp_tai_0FGBCbT14WRYG

If you want I’ll karma you a set of compression socks. I got two pair one that I never used email me your address

Bitly Plantar Fasciitis Foot, Ankle Brace & Compression Sleeve for achilles tendon support, can be used as ankle brace for men and women, wrap or support sleeve. As Seen On TV Products 2018 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010...cp_tai_oIGBCbHV21PPP

Posts: 23525 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many of the suggestions here have merit. Contrary to some previous comments, I had good results with the boot worn while sleeping, which keeps the front of the foot elevated . I lent it to a friend, who had similar success.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three things helped me. Cushion inserts, golf ball under the heel to help stretch and doing a deep stretch with just half the foot on the BOTTOM step. Work the calf and stretch.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:

2. Get monthly cortisone injections over a 2-3 month period.

These worked for me. I pray they work for you.

Cortisone is very damaging when overused.
I'm surprised your doctor is doing it so frequently

That is good information to know, going forward.
Thank you.

Posts: 3810 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your pain. I used the green ball off Amazon, massages, Aleve and time. I spend a lot of time on my on concrete. I bought New Balance “mail carrier” shoes and have not had problems since.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
shoes from KURU helped my pain tremendously.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
frozen water bottle rolled under foot, Shoe inserts, stretching exercise, and sleeping in the boot. These worked for me after three weeks or so.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Pull up on the toes for a minute alternating a few times. Massage arch with a golf ball or small rubber ball(my fave). Figure 4 stretches- google it.

Amazon sells these compression bands with a pad to help bind and raise the arch. The doc will tape your foot the same way. Alpha Lipoic acid can help sometimes.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
Guys....Thanks very much to all of you....I have the list printed and I'm going to work on your suggestions. Your input is very much appreciated....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post