SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Major chemical plant on fire in Glynn County, GA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Major chemical plant on fire in Glynn County, GA Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
quote:
FOXNEWS>COM: Symrise Chemical Plant in Georgia rocked by ‘multiple explosions,’ ‘uncontrolled fire’: police Blaze is ongoing on Colonel’s Island outside of Brunswick, Georgia

Neighborhoods in southeastern Georgia are being ordered to evacuate Monday as "multiple explosions" at a chemical plant on Colonel’s Island have led to an "uncontrolled fire," police say.

The blaze is impacting the Symrise Chemical Plant outside of Brunswick, according to the Glynn County Sheriff’s Office.

"The plant has been evacuated, and multiple explosions have been reported," the sheriff’s office said. "There is a multi-agency fire detail on scene with more en route."

An image released by the Glynn County Sheriff’s Office shows massive plumes of smoke rising out of the facility.

The Symrise Chemical Plant on Colonel's Island, outside of Brunswick, Georgia, has burst into flames Monday following multiple explosions, police say.

The Symrise Chemical Plant on Colonel's Island, outside of Brunswick, Georgia, has burst into flames Monday following multiple explosions, police say. (Glynn County Sheriff’s Office)

The cause of the reported explosions was not immediately clear.

Symrise, on its website, says it creates "inspiring fragrance, flavor, natural nutrition and cosmetic ingredients solutions" for brands around the world.

In a statement provided to Fox News Digital, the company said "Given first estimates, no one got injured and there is no danger to employees or residents. Local fire brigades and police fully control the situation on site."

"The fire occurred during the regular production hours for the manufacture of fragrance ingredients," the statement added. "Currently Symrise has no reason to believe that the fire will cause additional health hazards to the local community."

"Hickory Bluff, Sanctuary Cove, Satilla Shores and Royal Oaks are being evacuated," the Glynn County Sheriff’s Office said.

More potential evacuations are being coordinated, authorities added.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
We live a few miles north and east of this, no impact us so far but lots of folks are getting evacuated that are closer and to the south due to the current wind.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Symrise, on its website, says it creates "inspiring fragrance, flavor, natural nutrition and cosmetic ingredients solutions" for brands around the world.

At least I don't see how ammonium nitrate would fall into that.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post