SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone actually purchased from door solicitors
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone actually purchased from door solicitors Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Nope.

We always get our thin mints from the scouts in front of Lowe’s or Target. Other than that, I won’t buy shit from people knocking on my door. And go away.

I always answer the door with a gun, once had someone knock and put his thumb over the peep hole...I shouted thru the door I was gonna shoot him thru the door if he didn’t remove his thumb...he did and began profusely apologizing..turned out to be my asshole neighbor thinking it was funny...idiot knows I was a cop and had someone threaten my life (credible) . I just quit answering all together.

If you know me, call ahead.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11309 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
I used to be immune to that. We had a large window near the front door. My 2 Rotties and our yellow lab mastiff mix going ape shit at the window usually discouraged the knock. THe REALLY brave (or desperate) people met ME. WHich usually ended abruptly.Big Grin

But yes the occasional school fund raiser will get my support. EXCEPT that little bitch that toom my money and NEVER delivered my summer sausage and cheese. I just wish I could remember her as I'm sure she groen some in the 7 or so years since then and I'm liable to make the same mistake again. I really am a big softy. Usually,

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post