Member
| quote: Originally posted by Aeteocles: Sometimes I consider how convenient it would be to have a pickup truck.
Then I recall how inconvenient it would be to be asked all the time to help with the truck or to loan out said truck.
I've owned a truck for over 20+ years and very rarely has someone asked to borrow it for moving anything. I have been asked to help someone move on a few occasions but nothing that came close to making owning a truck inconvenient. With that said I like owning a truck but wouldn't want a truck to be my one and only vehicle. |
| | |
My other Sig is a Steyr.

| quote: Originally posted by crue-dell: My daily driver, that I sort of bought on an impulse. A 1984 Toyota I paid $3500 for.
Looks sharp! Are you sure you don't have a time machine? All it needs is the window sticker and some paper floor mats. I bought two Dodge trucks. One (2004) was $1,200 and the newer one (2005) was $12,800. Yours looks like it would be fun to drive. I'm sure you get better mileage than I do. Your travel companion looks like they would love a slow ride with the window down. 
|
| | | Posts: 10482 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014 |  
IP
|
|
Member
| Often think about selling the truck to free up garage space. I think a trailer would handle whatever I need. Unfortunately, there are no large sedans or any SUV that interests me. A full size truck for impact protection maybe. But I have a midsize and don't really care to drive it |
| | |
The Ice Cream Man
| I have my stripper work truck, which is handy for getting gardening materials, etc. If I didn’t need one for gardening, I can’t see what the benefit would be, over an SUV. I mostly drive sedans in cities, but a small, high powered SUV would be pretty useful. (A lot of stuff has to be delivered/picked up, because it cannot fit in my car)
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
|
| | | Posts: 6919 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007 |  
IP
|
|
Member

| In 2017 I traded my 2013 Ford Focus ST for a 2017 Ford F-250. I just wanted a truck. The only truck I had owned before was a 1999 Dakota. I thought the F-150 was small. I wanted a truck truck. It’s my daily driver, I don’t haul or tow. I towed a u-haul twice with it. But, once a year I can take a whole pallet of mulch at once with it. It’s also a gasser so payload is 3,800 lbs. I have 134,000 miles on it now since I drive between Fort Benning and Fort Knox about every other week. I really like the truck.
Thanks, KPSquared
|
| | | Posts: 841 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007 |  
IP
|
|
My other Sig is a Steyr.

| quote: Originally posted by crue-dell:
Looks like the coolest pup on the block.  Thanks for sharing.
|
| | | Posts: 10482 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014 |  
IP
|
|
Member

| quote: Originally posted by .38supersig: quote: Originally posted by crue-dell:
Looks like the coolest pup on the block.  Thanks for sharing.
You taught your dog to drive stick? That's impressive.
"Ninja kick the damn rabbit" |
| | | Posts: 4731 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008 |  
IP
|
|
Caribou gorn

| I drove a Blazer for awhile in college and I just traded my truck in for a Yukon but other than that, I've always driven a pickup truck. And a lot of people call those SUVs a "truck" although I don't consider them trucks.
There ain't much difference in the man I want to be and the man that I really am. |
| | | Posts: 11009 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009 |  
IP
|
|
Peace through superior firepower

| Sure. Three of them over a period of 35 years. I don't need a truck. The only thing I'm hauling is my sack. |
| | |
quarter MOA visionary

| quote: So I got to wondering. Anybody bought a truck just because?
In Texas it's a law.  |
| | |
His Royal Hiney

| Maybe once every 2 years, I'd think it'd be handy to have a pick up truck. There was a group of us helping a family move. One guy brought his pick up. I jumped up on the bed, took a look, and said, "This is the first time you're going to load something in this truck, huh?" He nodded yes.
"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946. |
| | | Posts: 21704 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011 |  
IP
|
|
Saluki
| Got by with SUV’s from ‘80 till ‘16 body on frame type. I did have a work truck for several years. I limited my activity to what by vehicle could do and had a utility trailer for those times I really needed capacity. Now that I’ve traded into a truck I find I have use for it. I’ve taken on a bit of RVing, primary driver for hunting camp out west. I could function without a truck but it would mean owning a Suburban. I find I don’t miss the utility trailer for odd jobs. Still have and use it but much less.
----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------
|
| | | Posts: 5493 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006 |  
IP
|
|