Main Page
The Lounge
24 Congressmen sent Trump a letter to end the ATF registry that has has 1,414,088,513 digital records of gun and ownersGo ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Thank you Very little ![]() |
"We write to alert you to an illegal national gun registry now containing 1,414,088,513 records of guns & gun owners... We ask for your decisive leadership to end this registry." https://x.com/GunOwners/status/2104979383807033626 | ||
|
| delicately calloused |
Remember when background checks started we were told the records would by law only be retained for a short period of time and then destroyed. I knew that was a lie. And here we are….. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier | |||
|
Member![]() |
This is all firearms, title 1 and 2, not just NFA stuff, right? I always wondered what ATF did with all those 4473s. I guess I'd pictured the big government warehouse from Raiders Of The Lost Ark. First in, never out sort of thing. But there's a note on that X page saying each record represents one page of a document. A 4473 is 4 pages, so the actual 4473 count would be 25% of that 1.4B, right? That's still 353 million guns, though. This only represents the Out Of Business 4473s. I wonder how many more 4473s are sitting in boxes in LGS' back rooms (rhetorical question), given the increase in gun sales over the past 10 or 20 years. [Edit: That would be 353 million transactions, so the same gun could be there multiple times. When you go to a LGS and trade in an old gun on a new one, does a 4473 get generated for you transfering the old gun to the LGS? Or maybe I'm all wet and these are background check records (which may? be a single page each), not four-page 4473s. Maybe both?] | |||
|
| I have not yet begun to procrastinate |
I’m betting they gobble up EVERYTHING related to all firearms. NFA or not and all NICS data. Now it’s digitized so easier to search. -------- After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box. | |||
|
A Grateful American![]() |
It would really be concern if there were a digital storage system and programming with powerful rapid searching capability, to provide quick, precise, and error-free results to questions, asked in a natural language request. "the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד | |||
|
Member![]() |
NICS data does not contain the gun info. I suppose it's possible to match up 4473s with NICS transaction numbers, but that would be a mammoth endeavor and would need a lot of funding, which it would not get. Freewill Firearms 07 FFL, Class 2 SOT | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|
Main Page
The Lounge
24 Congressmen sent Trump a letter to end the ATF registry that has has 1,414,088,513 digital records of gun and owners
