SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Georgia folks, a question about peaches.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia folks, a question about peaches. Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Mighty good peaches in Alabama this time of year.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tree ripened are not easy to find. My in laws live in NC north of Atlanta we drive north on 19 through Blairsville sometimes 75 through Helen and Hiawassee. There will be road side fruit stands that will have peaches usually late June through July. Murphy NC has a flea market and a farmer's market with farm fresh produce.

I make an old fashion with buffalo trace bourbon and white peach w/ blueberry (instead of orange and cherry) phenomenal combination.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Try Colorado peaches ,much better than most. Georgia has the hype but other states do peaches better.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
Try Colorado peaches ,much better than most. Georgia has the hype but other states do peaches better.

Heathen.

How DARE you?

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:

Heathen.

How DARE you?
Razz

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peach festival in Fort Valley Ga. June 7-8 and in Byron Ga. on June 15. May be some to buy around there or in between.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
C’mon over to SC and enjoy plenty of fresh peaches. This link has several locations where you can buy them.

Carolina Peaches

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of numbnut
posted Hide Post
Looks like my wife has a few days off from work around the 10 of July. May do a big loop, Georgia, Alabama, Georgia, S.Carolina, N.Carolina, and home. Pennsylvania and Colorado will have to wait. Kind of a peach tour. Hope that's not too late.

Monkey, if I get down in the panhandle....

Posts: 59 | Registered: July 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
I would think that around that time will be just perfect. After you return, give us all some feedback and let us know what you discover on your road trip.

Posts: 741 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Don't overlook SC for peaches. I think they even produce a little more each year than GA does.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When it comes to peaches, I think of South Carolina, not Georgia.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I miss the peach trees my dad had. No idea what variety they were. They would set fruit so heavily that he had to cull some of it earlier in the season or the weight would damage the limbs. Even then he had to prop the branches up with boards.
Darn things were softball sized and absolutely perfect.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post