SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WTF, Honda drops 2.0 Turbo engine from 2023 Accord lineup with only 1.5T and hybrid available
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTF, Honda drops 2.0 Turbo engine from 2023 Accord lineup with only 1.5T and hybrid available Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'd definitely test drive a 1.5T before I wrote it off.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
Being a new design, they might add the 2L later.

That's the rumor
Potentially an Accord Type R or some performance variant with thr CTR engine

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
Being a new design, they might add the 2L later.

That's the rumor
Potentially an Accord Type R or some performance variant with thr CTR engine

Oh that's promising. Gives me some hope! We can hold off until next year (assuming nothing major with my 2004) and probably best anyhow price wise as many expect sales of new cars to be impacted by higher interest rates and recession plus I don't like to buy first year of a new generation but Honda and Toyota are usually GTG on that.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I'm glad we decided to trade our 2015 V6 Accord in for a 2017 V6 Accord in 2021. Last year of the V6, it was an upgrade with the Sensing in it which I have come to really like. I've read the 2.0T is just as fast, if not slightly faster than the V6, but I didn't want the additional potential headaches and expense related to that.

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Honda just came out with a brand new V6 matching the competition with DOHC. I guess it’s won’t be available in the Accord?

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
I'm glad we decided to trade our 2015 V6 Accord in for a 2017 V6 Accord in 2021. Last year of the V6, it was an upgrade with the Sensing in it which I have come to really like. I've read the 2.0T is just as fast, if not slightly faster than the V6, but I didn't want the additional potential headaches and expense related to that.

No timing belt on the 2.0T

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I thought Honda just came out with a brand new V6 matching the competition with DOHC. I guess it’s won’t be available in the Accord?

Odyssey/Pulot/Ridgeline only, IIRC

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Previous generation also had a 6MT available on some trims that had the 2.0T.

Still regret not buying one to replace my daily driver when they were still available.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Previous generation also had a 6MT available on some trims that had the 2.0T.

Still regret not buying one to replace my daily driver when they were still available.

Only the Sport trim I belive.
I don't think the EX had it & know the Touring was 10AT only.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Well, I posted this in another thread, but will repeat here.
I bought a new 2018 Accord Touring 2.0 when they first came out. I enjoy driving it immensely, more than my previous Acura Integra 1st gen, 1991 Acura Legend, 2005 Acura TSX. It's been almost trouble-free; recently had to replace the AC condenser which was done under Honda extended warranty. I get about 26-27 mpg mixed town and freeway.

When I bought it I first drove the 1.5 T model with CVT. The difference between driving that and driving the 2.0 T with 10-speed auto trans was night and day. Acceleration is as good as I can comfortably handle. Per C&D 0-60 was 5.4 seconds. They tested the 2023 Hybrid at 6.6 seconds in an article that moaned and wailed over the loss of the 2.0 T model.

So now that I know that my Accord will be the best ICE family sedan ever to be built, I guess I will have to keep it. I would consider trading it only to get a bigger vehicle to carry the grandkids around in.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I have a 2018 Hyundai Sonata Limited with a 2L turbo and 8-speed dual clutch transmission. It’s wonderful. Every one of its many features work just as I expect, and hope.

But nowadays the Sonata comes only with a smaller turbo. snif

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grumpy, just a tip here. Spend the extra dollar for Premium, you'll get better fueld economy and probably gain about 40 HP. I have a 2019 Ford Fiesta ST which features a 1.6L Turbo. Per Ford with premium horsepower is rated at 197 HP. With 89 octane it's rated at 160 HP. Note, Ford doesn't make and indications in regards to fuel economy but my personal observation is that when I happen on an Octane Cheater (Sunoco quite often) my fuel economy will immediately drop in the mileage display and long trips has revealed it works out to a 4 mpg loss.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Grumpy, just a tip here. Spend the extra dollar for Premium, you'll get better fueld economy and probably gain about 40 HP.

He won’t gain any HP or fuel economy running premium in his naturally aspirated V-6 that was designed to run on 87 octane fuel.

Your turbocharged motor was designed to run on 93 octane. Your engine’s computer will read the knock sensors when you run lower octane fuel and retard the timing and reduce boost automatically to compensate for the lower octane which does reduce power. That’s what my Focus ST and my wife’s Explorer ST do as well when we use lower octane fuel.

Back to the thread at hand:

I’ve had 5 Hondas, 4 manuals and 1 automatic. My parents have had to Acura Legends. All great cars, but Honda and Acura no longer make cars I’m interested in.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post