SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Socks for sweaty feet.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Socks for sweaty feet. Login/Join 
posted
I wear a work boot all day long. I am looking for a good comfortable work sock for sweaty feet. I am trying to stay away from wool if at all possible.

Thanks

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Fox River WickDry Maximum is what I wear with my work boots-
https://www.amazon.com/FoxRive...d-calf/dp/B08LJ59ZJ8

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always had good luck with these. https://www.carhartt.com/produ...son-cotton-crew-sock

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why stay away from wool?
When I switched to wool socks my feet and socks are now dry. And no more wearing holes in socks in short order. Still wearing the same 5 pair with no holes and it's been at least a couple years now.
I will never go back to cotton socks!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Thorlo

I wore boots daily for over 20 years and was issued wool socks in the service, I tried everything. Until I found thorlo uniform socks…

Draws the sweat away from you feet. Mine were horrible until I got those.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Why stay away from wool?
When I switched to wool socks my feet and socks are now dry. And no more wearing holes in socks in short order. Still wearing the same 5 pair with no holes and it's been at least a couple years now.
I will never go back to cotton socks!

I've found this to be the case for me as well. For me. in addition to wearing socks made out of merino wool, the less man-made material (nylon) the socks are made of, the less my feet sweat.

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't it funny in threads like this that someone says I want to stay away from XYZ and someone will always question him or her and try to convince them they dont know what they want-just saying!!!!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Wigwam Ultimax. They keep my feet dry and last for years.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a sports med doc and have the honor of being on the USOC volunteer staff in the past. We used a product called Drysol for our athletes who had sweaty feet. It's basically an anti perspirant and works great. I had my athletes apply to their feet at bedtime for three straight nights (wear socks to bed otherwise the Drysol can wear out the sheets too soon), then usually twice a week afterwards controlled the problem. Helps to control sweaty feet, smelly shoes and socks and decreases blistering!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
Isn't it funny in threads like this that someone says I want to stay away from XYZ and someone will always question him or her and try to convince them they dont know what they want-just saying!!!!

Posting my experience and simply asking the OP as to why not use the said product, is a problem for you?
If being curious is a problem... well, ...

Afterall, this is a discussion board to share info and too learn from others.
Never stated the OP didn't know what they wanted... but, just maybe, something interesting will come from asking the question.

Now, did you have anything further to add as a solution for the OP or did you just come back to stir the pot?

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
When you say wool, are you thinking RaggWool? Or do you have a specific allergy? Because I believe that just about anyone you ask this question is going to recommend quality wool socks. Even in the middle of summer in Florida.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Foot powder really helps when you have to wear boots and tend to have sweaty feet:

Don’t be afraid to douse your feet well, pour some into the socks and also into the bottom of the boots:

ULTRA SWEAT-ABSORBING FOOT POWDER

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Peets shoe dryer is a great thing for those with sweaty feet. I have two, one at work and one at home.

Wool worked well for me, but now I am using Thorlo and like them a lot.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not likely an option you will choose full time, but I've found toe socks are the best thing for my hyper sweaty feet. Give them a try for special occasions though. I wear them hiking, hunting, working matches, or bad snow storms at work (where I may end up wearing the same socks for several days straight). Dry, blister free, much less stinky, much less nasty.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NewRiverGeorge
posted Hide Post
Put deodorant on the soles of your feet.

Posts: 23 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Alpaca, get your wallet out though.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Are you alternating boots on a daily basis?

Your boots need to dry out too.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NewRiverGeorge:
Put deodorant on the soles of your feet.

Or antiperspirant maybe

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn Tough wool socks made my feet sweat, even the thinner ones. So it's the wool, right? Smartwool, even heavier than the Darn Toughs don't make my feet sweat as bad.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Some of the synthetics claim to be better than wool but I've yet to experience that.
High quality Merino Wool seem the best.
Thin is not better, it's the air space around your foot that does the cooling.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post