SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Friday 13th Calamity Thread
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Friday 13th Calamity Thread Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
The day is young, I've been lucky, who knows what will happen later today.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Haven't you heard? The world is coming to an end.

Q

Posts: 26423 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Panic. You’ll feel better. And that’s what it’s all about.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Hopefully my bad luck quota was used up yesterday. (Long story.)

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Born under a bad sign
Been down since I began to crawl
If it wasn't for bad luck
You know, I wouldn't have no luck at all

Hard luck and trouble
Been my only friend
I've been on my own
Ever since I was ten

Born under a bad sign
Been down since I began to crawl
You know, I wouldn't have no luck at all

I can't read
I didn't know how to write
My whole life has been
One big fight

Born under a bad sign
I've been down since I began to crawl
I say, I wouldn't have no luck at all
That ain't lie, ah, oh

You know, if it wasn't for bad luck
I wouldn't have no kinda luck
If it wasn't for real bad luck
I wouldn't have no luck at all

You know wine
And women is all I crave
A big legged woman
Gonna carry me to my grave

Born under a bad sign
I been down since I began to crawl
I tell ya, I wouldn't have no luck at all

Yeah, I'm a bad luck boy
Been havin' bad luck all of my days, yes

The late great Albert King

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
When we moved to Texas back in 2007, we closed on the house we bought on Friday the 13th.
We were also assigned box #13 at the community mailbox.

It gives us a chuckle when we talk about it.
Obviously, we are not superstitious. Smile

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
The number 13 has had significance, both good and bad (mostly good), for me my entire life. I am the 13th child in my family, my wife and I had our first date on Friday the 13th. My boys always chose 13 as their jersey number for sports, and 13 generally appears in some form in my email addresses, screen names (look over there <-----), etc.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do know that everyone reading this thread is going to die.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

When??

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37983 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Today is my brother's birthday.

My employer just informed us that due to Covid-19 we're all going to be required to telecommute for at least the next 2 weeks. I hate telecommuting. Too many distractions at home - dogs, toys, Netflix, neighbors' dogs, neighbors' kids, ...

And the pest control guy is coming today to inspect the house for insect infestations.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
13 is my lucky number, so today is a great day!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30696 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Wife and I had our first date on a Friday the 13th, and we generally have done something nice on subsequent Friday-the-13ths. Smile

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

When??
After Friday the 13th!!!!!

Posts: 6488 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I just helped with the carrot cake my wife is making by doing much of the carrot grating. I managed not to grate part of my hand in the process, so: So far, so good Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
It's happened:

I ordered 4 tires for my truck last week. Due to arrive today, but this morning:

quote:
Thanks for your recent order. Unfortunately, the items shown below are delayed. We'll ship them as soon as we can and, if possible, upgrade you to faster shipping at no additional cost.

To track the order's progress or if you need to cancel, please view this order in your account.
After reviewing the details below, visit our Help Center if you have any questions. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its also a full moon isn't it? Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53199 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm..... it's our pay day today. Smile

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I read the verse and asked my Dad: "When Jesus said, 'Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set thee free,' to what was He referring?"

Before he answered, we both overheard my mother trying to reassure someone over the phone that the Friday the 13th stories were just superstitions, and they should be ignored.

My father didn't even have to answer my question verbally - he just looked at me after what we had just overheard with a look on his face that said it all. Big Grin

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10707 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
It’s snowing. It never snows here in March. (Oh the pups love zooming in it)

Oh, they closed the schools and my granddaughter will need some daycare. (Wait she and I can get into trouble)
Oh, my daughter’s worksite is closing. (Wait, she’s still getting pay. The company is one where they are providing remote access. “Because if you’re working, you’ll not be out getting exposed” staff has said “score!”)
Oh, the grocery shelves are bare and it’s going to be hard to get prescriptions (Wait, we restocked our medications and have a 3 month supply. Wait, we shop at Costco and are stocked up. Plus there are the long term prepper supplies.

Think I’ll warm up the reloading press.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post