SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've had my head down for about 4 weeks, what'd I miss?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've had my head down for about 4 weeks, what'd I miss? Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted
Ugh. Moving sucks. My daughter graduated highschool, promptly moved 5,000 miles away, walked away from a full ride scholarship to any Alaskan Univeristy, and the place we thought we were buying on a purchase option fell apart and we got an unexpected 30-day notice to vacate. I won't go into further details online, there's pending litigation there. Also, we've had the busiest month in our company history, I picked up so much work around the state that we bought a "classic" (circa 2000) American Coach Eagle, 40' diesel class A - partially to have a place to live, as finding a property has been near impossible. I just turned in the U-haul, and tomorrow we prep the coach for a 6-8 day business trip around Alaska. Oh, and I just looked at diesel around the corner...$6 a gallon. Yikes. Any appearances from Cliff?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of the shit show. Hope it all calms down and you find a place to live soon. Congrats on the work. Hope you can keep up with it all.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I realize that when you birth a child, there is an expectation that they will probably leave your household somewhere around 18 years later. I'd just like to publicly state that, 18 years, is not enough notice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post