SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ~*~Hillsborough County (Tampa) Sherrif Gun Swap~*~
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~*~Hillsborough County (Tampa) Sherrif Gun Swap~*~ Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted
Saturday October 6th 2018 9-2 at the Fulkenburg Jail and the HCSO West Service Unit. It will be a drive thru, drive up hand the wating deputy a gun and get an envelope with $50 cash. No ID required.

Now is the time to dig out those Lorcin, jennings and other junk guns and gets some money for a better gun or ammo or????

Here's the link

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
It will be a drive thru, drive up hand the wating deputy a gun and get an envelope with $50 cash.

I guess that lets this out, then. Frown

This thought crosses my mind every time I hear about them. Razz

I suppose with no ID required, they aren't going to check the turned-in guns for being stolen or perform ballistic testing to match with crime scenes, since there is no one to link them to. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
............ It will be a drive thru, drive up hand the wating deputy a gun ............

Just don't point it at him. Watch that muzzle Wink

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Time to strap some pipe to a piece of 2x4....

Do neon orange Pokemon guns count? My son has a bunch of those

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I wish the powers that be would have a gun buy back around here. I would cobble together some mousetraps and copper tubing and sell my guns as long as the money kept coming. Smile

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I wish it were closer. I have a Hi-Standard .22 magnum derringer with a cracked frame that I would gladly exchange for fifty bucks. It's just not worth the time and gas to drive to Tampa for that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i've got a ruger 10/22 probably not worth much more than that

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Time to strap some pipe to a piece of 2x4...
^^ THIS ^^

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have a couple junkers I thought about dropping in the Gulf of Mexico but I think I will wait on that...

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My recommendation would be a rusted up side-lock muzzle-loader. There are plenty around, just about free too. One could make some $$$. No I don’t have any, just cared for in-lines.

Posts: 6161 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't they be using tax money for that?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post