SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shot(s) Fired on my Street Today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot(s) Fired on my Street Today Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Here's where I live:
https://mentorsmoving.com/blog/gilbert-az-crime-rate/

The town of Gilbert, Arizona, about 20 miles out of Phoenix in Maricopa County, is one of the largest cities in Arizona. If you’re relocating to the Phoenix metro area and considering moving to Gilbert, you probably have an important question: is Gilbert, AZ a safe place to live?

Gilbert isn’t just safe – it’s one of the safest cities in AZ and the entire country! Gilbert ranked as the 2nd among safest large cities in America based on the FBI Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) program. It was the only city in Arizona to make the top 15 safest cities in the country.

I have a trucker friend who's sister lives in Gilbert. He stopped one day to visit for two hours, parked his truck along a fairly deserted road and she took him to her house for dinner. He returned to a parking ticket. No semi-trucks can park anywhere in the city, apparently, even if there's no houses around. The ticket was rather expensive, like over $200, IIRC. Semis, it seems, are like servants. Do your thing and then get the hell out, and don't bother us important people. I guess since Gilbert has such a low crime rate, the police have time to bother working folks.

If Gilbert City is this self important and ticket happy, don't get overly self-righteous about the place vis-à-vis California. It sounds like it's its own little piece of regulated hell. I wouldn't deliver a load of dog shit to Gilbert even if they needed it to grow crops to save babies. THIS trucker wouldn't want to bother that town with his big rig.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
OK, back to the topic. Investigation underway...

NBCBayArea

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad your safe.

Sometimes random crime happens, regardless of zip code or FBI statistics.

I live in one the nicer, desired suburbs of Sacramento. In the nearby apartments, a young gay man decapitated his sugar daddy. Yikes. Then a year or two ago, a distraught immigrant father killed his wife and three children. Rough stuff.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post