SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Charlie Pride dead at 86
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charlie Pride dead at 86 Login/Join 
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted
Complications from COVID 19.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
Seems like I just saw him doing an interview at an award show talking about how he had been staying home. I think it was the CMA.

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1091 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Kiss an angel good morning Mr. Pride Frown

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the days of 8 tracks, and in the Navy, I had his greatest hits. Recall well my roomates and I singing along more than once to
"The Snakes Crawl at Night". RIP.

https://youtu.be/3ug9UQA9D7U

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

The fact that he was Black was hidden from listeners for a LONG time.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Well...damn.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
A terrible 2020 takes it toll with another well liked person.

There are no entertainers in current times that can compare to either the country, rock or popular and classical music performers of the 50'-90's era.

Farewell Charlie. Keep good time and sing loudly.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear. What a talent and what a voice.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
RIP Charlie.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a big loss, damn....RIP Mr. Pride!

Posts: 1705 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer1967:
Seems like I just saw him doing an interview at an award show talking about how he had been staying home. I think it was the CMA.

Right you are, just last month, CmA.

https://www.rollingstone.com/m...-cma-awards-1102994/

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Well damn

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, he was a staple of the jukeboxes in Wisconsin taverns when we'd finish a day of hunting or fishing with my dad and his best buddy and his boys. Lots of good memories with his songs as us kids would play pinball. RIP.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5172 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
RIP Charlie. I saw you at the state fair in Pueblo Colorado a long time ago.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is sad to read
Like many artist, he just had that distinct voice
I love the song ZSMichael embedded in his post.

We have lost a lot of great country singers this year:

Joe Diffie
Hal Ketchum
Kenny Rodgers
Charley Daniels
Harold Reid
john Prine

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'll miss him. A fine singer.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
He was a heckuva good baseball player too.

I always loved his music.

Posts: 11865 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
There was a rancher I worked with back when Charlie Pride lived on the charts. He loved to sing but never knew more than a line or two from a given song. I can hear him now.
“You’ve got to
Kiss an angel good morning...”
“You’ve got to
Kiss an angel good morning.. “
again and again...

Fond memories of the great Charlie Pride.

BTW, “The Mayor of Nashville, Chet Atkins, threw down the gauntlet to the record producers on Charlie. It’s said that he essentially said, he gets a contact or I’m walking. Charlie Pride was forever grateful to Chet Atkins for going to the mat for him, and they were lifelong friends.

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
That is sad news. I enjoyed his music.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another great lost to COVID. John Prine and Charlie Daniels. All vestiges of my youth. Damn I am getting old. I am going to bake a cherry pie tomorrow.
RIP Charlie.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post