SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Appendectomy may triple risk of Parkinson's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appendectomy may triple risk of Parkinson's Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
"Hey, saving your life years ago may fuck you up in 50 years - so THINK ABOUT IT!!!!"

LMFAO.

Mine didn't burst but the old Surgeon who took it out said it was "just about to pop". I felt like death all morning and couldn't walk, then my parents took me to the hospital - they had me under the knife in about an hour.

It is a fact in the medical profession, that one has to remove a certain number of normal appendices in order not to miss the ones, that will burst and cause sepsis, a serious complication. Yet I have never heard of anyone being told that their surgery was unnecessary. Instead, the vast number of those removed in my experience, were "just about to pop". As for the current report, I remember the reporter, Jeff Greenfield, years ago, telling viewers that if they ever were alarmed by a report such as this one, to relax because in 6 months time, they would see a similar report with totally opposite findings. I have found that to be true more often than not.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post