SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Georgia Dominion Voting Machines ruling. I'm having trouble finding information...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Georgia Dominion Voting Machines ruling. I'm having trouble finding information... Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
...outside of Twitter. Search engines are of little to no help, of course Roll Eyes

Can anyone tell me what this means exactly for Georgia and other states? It's quite frustrating that Google and others are suppressing news of this ruling. Google with that Goddamned "It looks like the results below are changing quickly" horse shit. You know when you perform a search and see that, the bastards are trying to hide something.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobi.../1726950464309383613

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
There's a little more info at the below link -

Regardless of the end result of the January trial in Georgia, Totenberg made it clear that the court “does not have the legal authority” to fulfill the “broadest relief” request that the plaintiffs have made in the case.

“Even if Plaintiffs prevail on their substantive claims, the Court cannot order the Georgia legislature to pass legislation creating a paper ballot voting system or judicially impose a statewide paper ballot system as injunctive relief in this case,” Totenberg said.

Nevertheless, Totenberg explained that if the plaintiffs emerge victorious at the January trial, there are “pragmatic, sound remedial policy measures” that could either be ordered by the court or agreed upon by both parties involved.

Judge rules Georgia voting machine case must go to trial

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3931 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if in georgia, wherever dominion machines were used!!

https://wltreport.com/2023/11/...ng-machines-georgia/

Posts: 2222 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Fox won’t touch this with a ten-foot pole. I am shocked this isn’t in the mainstream media, shocked, I tell you!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19734 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
To piggy back off the story in the OP, did you wonder at all how Javier Milei won such a resounding victory?

Paper Ballots.

From the Buenos Aires Herald, OCTOBER 21, 2023:

BA City to use paper ballots after voting machine fiasco in primaries

Electronic voting was scrapped after an admonishment from a federal judge due to long delays in the primaries

Buenos Aires City residents will use paper ballots to vote for all positions in Sunday’s general elections, ditching the voting machines used to choose local authorities in the August 13 primaries.

Once at the voting station, voters will have one set of ballots for national authorities and another for local positions. They will select one ballot from each set and place them both in the envelope that goes in the ballot box.

Foreigners with permanent residence in Buenos Aires City are only allowed to vote for local authorities. This means they will only need to select the ballot for mayor and legislators and place it in the envelope.

BA City authorities abandoned electronic voting machines in favor of paper ballots for all positions. It followed an admonishment from a federal judge due to the long delays voters experienced during the primary elections.

In a note sent to Buenos Aires City and national election authorities a few days after the primaries, federal judge María Servini called the BA City polls “the most problematic election of the last 30 years” due to the significant delays caused by technical issues with electronic voting machines.

“To subject the citizenry to the degrading conditions under which they voted on August 13 again would be a mockery,” the judge noted.

Servini had already called attention to these problems while the primaries were taking place, pointing to specific issues her team had confirmed in polling stations across the city. While some machines didn’t work, other voting centers had them but were unable to get them running or test them. BA city residents reported waiting for as much as two hours in some voting centers.

https://buenosairesherald.com/...-fiasco-in-primaries

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30472 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
It’s an embarrassment that 3rd world countries have more legitimate and efficient election processes than the U.S. does.

If I were king for a day, voter ID, paper ballots, absentee only under limited instances, and an election DAY.

None of this 3 week window crap. Everything is closed. You want to vote, you go to the polls, your identity is confirmed.

Ballots are collected in secure boxes and the counting is done open and in public view with oversight.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10966 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
It’s an embarrassment that 3rd world countries have more legitimate and efficient election processes than the U.S. does.

If I were king for a day, voter ID, paper ballots, absentee only under limited instances, and an election DAY.

None of this 3 week window crap. Everything is closed. You want to vote, you go to the polls, your identity is confirmed.

Ballots are collected in secure boxes and the counting is done open and in public view with oversight.

You have my vote.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1579 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:

That's good, Dominion will just send all its machines to CA or NY...

I agree, Paper only, absentee with valid reason, one day voting only in person.

No ballot harvesting, that should be outlawed for any ballot with federal elections on it, if states want to do that crap, then it's for state and local only.

Don't agree with harvesting at all, but, there's that pesky states rights issue out there...

Posts: 23620 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Living in California I can tell you that Gavin is by far the most despised/loathed/hated governor we have had in this state since at least Gray Davis (who was successfully recalled and replaced by Arnold).

I don't think I've met a single person that likes him or said they would vote for him (from either party). He is pretty much universally despised.

During the recall initiated election there were almost no signs for him, no rallies, and very little support from actual people. On the contrary, you saw Larry Elder signs everywhere...and I live in a Blue county in the San Francisco Bay Area. His support came from billboards and the media.

Yet somehow...mysteriously...Gavin received 66% of the vote and was able to keep his job....and remember this was after they received likely twice the needed written signatures to recall him.

Even my friendly neighborhood Democrats were shocked and questioned how this was possible.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4207 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Fox won’t touch this with a ten-foot pole.
I'm certain that's true. If they do mention it, it will be something like "Some other news agency is reporting yaddayadda."

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:

Yet somehow...mysteriously...Gavin received 66% of the vote and was able to keep his job....and remember this was after they received likely twice the needed written signatures to recall him.

I saw this point after the election results and comparing the recall petition numbers. If I remember correctly, the votes for Gavin’s opponents totaled less than the petition to recall Gavin. Something did not add up correctly.

We were in the process of moving from the San Francisco Bay Area to AZ during that period and all we could see were “Recall Gavin Newsom” signs.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19734 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

No ballot harvesting, that should be outlawed for any ballot with federal elections on it, if states want to do that crap, then it's for state and local only.

Don't agree with harvesting at all, but, there's that pesky states rights issue out there...

already in cal + ny!!

Which states used Dominion Voting Systems?

According to its website, Dominion Voting Systems serves more than 40 percent of the U.S. population. Its products are used in 28 states including New York, California, Nevada, Georgia, and Puerto Rico.

One device that Dominion makes called the ImageCast Precinct is a type of ballot-marking device. According to The Washington Post, these devices allow voters to vote using a touch screen. When they are done, the machine gives people a printout of their votes to feed into a scanner, which counts the votes.

The article stated that these machines were used, in some way, in more than six states. Counties in both Colorado and Georgia used them but in completely different ways. Georgia paid $100 million for ballot-marking devices across the state. Since most people in Colorado voted by mail, these devices didn't get as much use in that state.

Posts: 2222 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, Texas A.G. Ken Paxton basically banned Dominion systems in Texas elections, stating the system is unreliable and were vulnerable to fraud and unauthorized tampering.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16734 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had these touch screen ballot machines for the 2016 election here in Virginia Beach. There were a lot of complaints of choosing Republican and it would revert to Demonrat when you are NOT looking. I personally had this happen to me several times and even had to show the election official. Other people also had to show the election official. Watching the news that night, I saw other places had the same problem. God Bless Smile

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

already in cal + ny!!

Which states used Dominion Voting Systems?

According to its website, Dominion Voting Systems serves more than 40 percent of the U.S. population. Its products are used in 28 states including New York, California, Nevada, Georgia, and Puerto Rico.

One device that Dominion makes called the ImageCast Precinct is a type of ballot-marking device. According to The Washington Post, these devices allow voters to vote using a touch screen. When they are done, the machine gives people a printout of their votes to feed into a scanner, which counts the votes.

The article stated that these machines were used, in some way, in more than six states. Counties in both Colorado and Georgia used them but in completely different ways. Georgia paid $100 million for ballot-marking devices across the state. Since most people in Colorado voted by mail, these devices didn't get as much use in that state.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Here's a little more and in this article there's a link to the judges 135 page ruling.(pdf)

https://theleadingreport.com/b...t-go-to-trial/?amp=1

Posts: 1579 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post