SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Anyone Here Have a Digital Subscription to National Review?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Here Have a Digital Subscription to National Review? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I have never subscribed, but read their free articles. They have been improving the quality of their writing and reporting, but coincident with that, are placing more and more stuff behind a very well engineered paywall.

Does anyone have a subscription? If so, do you use it regularly? Do you still get the pop-overs, shitty ads, and useless clickbait at the bottom of the screen?

I'd be all over a subscription for $20, but the rate is $40, and before I do that, I want to know that the paid experience is substantially better than the free one.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
My law clerk has the digital subscription and likes it. I have the paper edition so my kids and Mrs BB61 can read it easier.

Posts: 12473 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I like many of their writers, but they went Never-Trump as hard as any, and harder than most.

I got their newsletter via email, but stopped even that after this article about POTUS 45's departure on January 20: "Witless Ape Rides Helicopter"

That was it. The hell with them.

Unsubscribed from their emails, no longer care to visit their site. I can get nonsense almost anywhere.

Buckley was a gem. I don't think he'd like their recent turn.

Posts: 15036 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post