SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for the title of a movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for the title of a movie Login/Join 
Picture of Killer
posted
There was a scene in this movie where two guys are outside in the dark and one has a fully automatic M-16, he tells the other man to pick a star and kiss it goodbye...he then shoot a full auto blast and says, bye bye. This movie was from the late 70s early 80s...I think. Can anyone help me?

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Was it Heroes?

Shooter was Harrison Ford (filming predated Star Wars) with Henry Winkler spotting.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
My God!!!! I LOVE this forum because I think that is it!! Thank you very much!!

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Sorry it took 4 whole minutes. Must be slowing down in my old age.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Sorry it took 4 whole minutes. Must be slowing down in my old age.

Hahahaha!!

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Heros

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when is it "automatic" and when is it "Full automatic" ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
when is it "automatic" and when is it "Full automatic" ?

When semi-auto is not an option on the selector, only "three round burst" and "unleash fun". Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
When semi-auto is not an option on the selector, only "three round burst" and "unleash fun". Wink

At the time span of the movie it was "safe", "semi" and "full" for the M16.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zapfire:
What movie is this, in the mood to see something new.

It's an ok movie. It has The Fonz in a very different role from his Happy Days. Harrison Ford in a role that was filmed before SW (though the movie was released after). Sally Field is also in it. It's no Deer Hunter, so don't expect too much. The machine gun scene was fun (although my favorite scene was the palm-heel death strike). Try to get a version with Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son as the ending theme song.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I knew it wasn't, Scent of A Woman....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post