SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Turkey SPAM Thanksgiving Feast!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Turkey SPAM Thanksgiving Feast! Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
Well it came out delicious. I was going to brine the bird for a few hours but my dryer died and by the time I got it working (bad wall receptacle) I just decided to do a rub. Threw it on the grill low and slow with a few pieces of pecan wood and 60 minutes later it was ready. Pulled it at 165 internal and let it rest for 10 minutes. Developed a nice bark and was very tender and juicy.

Sliced and served with some box stuffing, canned gravy, and the perennial family favorite, Ocean Spray cranberry log (sauce). I forgot the pumpkin pie so the can of Champaign will have to suffice. Protected by my Beretta APX.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’ve eaten turkey spam. The thing I remember about it is that it actually smelled like turkey as it was cooking in the oven.

I actually preferred it to some of the half-cooked real turkey I’ve been served at family gatherings over the years. Wink

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but this is just SO wrong! Eek Frown Roll Eyes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may well be eating Christmas dinner by myself this season. May pop the top on a can of regular SPAM, get mashed potatoes and lima beans, a canteen cup full of not so great coffee, break out the Garand for protection...

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Why?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Why?

You really have to ask?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Evidently.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One meal where a pea shooter would be enough protection.

Posts: 3918 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Why?
He used Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce, when everybody knows that Publix brand whole cranberries is a better choice.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Very creative and well documented sir. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The Champagne of Bottled Beer Smile

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why?

That is Easy to Answer he Forgot the Pumpkin pie

Posts: 1601 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that Miller!! My favorite.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
He used Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce, when everybody knows that Publix brand whole cranberries is a better choice.

Well, as someone who grew up in Ocean Spray country and with my best friend's parents both retiring from there, I kinda got the Ocean Spray jelly running in my veins. I also got to visit Plymouth Plantation about a zillion times on fieldtrips during my school years Wink

The girl and I were planning a traditional Thanksgiving but last week her brother collasped due to a heart blockage. They scheduled surgery for Friday so she drove out to KY on Thursday. The surgery was pushed until this Tuesday ultimately. She is staying out there with his wife until he gets home. So we missed our Thanksgiving. No worries as we have both been away many times during the holidays.

Still got the real bird in the freezer and when she gets home we'll do it up.

And the High Life goes good with smoked turkey SPAM Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would eat it and more than likely think it was YUMMY !!! When you are hungry and that is all you have, you too will eat it. Let's not forget our troops that are not home with their families and all they have may be the MRE they are given for their rations. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the late 40's and early 50's on our farm we dressed out chickens and turkeys for sale for extra money. One year our dad saved back a 20 lb turkey for our Thanksgiving. The night before the big day a friend of his called needing a "big" turkey with extra family coming,and the big one we had was the last one we had. We had" hamburger" for Thanksgiving. That was one of our families favorite Thanksgiving memories.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
That Spam dinner seems perfectly fine by me, effort was put into planning and prep too.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Looks very delicious.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I would be more than happy with that meal except for the cranberry stuff. Great choice in beer.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post