SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Turkey SPAM Thanksgiving Feast!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Turkey SPAM Thanksgiving Feast! Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'd be fine with that meal, but it needs some potatoes, though. Tater Tots with gravy maybe?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guarantee you it's better than my Mother in Law's turkey Frown

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet I get the stink eye for even saying SPAM the week before Thanksgiving...VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I'd be fine with that meal, but it needs some potatoes, though. Tater Tots with gravy maybe?

May one perhaps suggest the tater tot poutine ? Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
That Spam dinner seems perfectly fine by me, effort was put into planning and prep too.

SHIT YEAH!!!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm with you there. For a solo Thanksgiving meal, not a thing wrong with it.

Even the cheapest instant mashed potatoes can be made classy. Pro tip: In the water you heat up before you add the milk and dried spuds, dissolve some chicken bullion while you melt the butter. It easily bumps it up several notches in the flavor and texture categories. You're adding salt, though, so be mindful of that.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ohhh...that elevates SPAM to another level!!!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I plan a regular SPAM sandwich tonight as a lighter meal than the Thanksgiving one. Add some good veggies, and perhaps some baked beans........that will work for me!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

I'm with you there. For a solo Thanksgiving meal, not a thing wrong with it.

Even the cheapest instant mashed potatoes can be made classy. Pro tip: In the water you heat up before you add the milk and dried spuds, dissolve some chicken bullion while you melt the butter. It easily bumps it up several notches in the flavor and texture categories. You're adding salt, though, so be mindful of that.
Another option is to add horseradish to your instant mashed potatoes prior to added the dried potato. IMO, horseradish mashed potatoes are MUCH better than garlic mashed.

I got the idea from Sullivan's Steakhouse in Anchorge, AK. Sullivan's is a steakhouse chain with 13 locations (used to have one in Houston too).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
I guarantee you it's better than my Mother in Law's turkey Frown

In my case it would be better than my stepsons girlfriends attempt last year. My God, that gal could ruin a PB&J sandwich.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post