SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Proposal at Gunpoint. (tazer) People need to be fired.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proposal at Gunpoint. (tazer) People need to be fired. Login/Join 
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted
And you thought gender reveal stunts were peak idiocy.

Shotgun-wedding-Marriage-proposal-gunpoint-fake-police-stop

Video: Shotgun wedding: Armed police force ‘on-the-run’ biker to kneel… so he’s in the perfect position to ask his girlfriend to MARRY him in an elaborate stunt
Daiwon Mcpherson organized an unconventional proposal with the Mobile Police Department by popping the question at gunpoint to his girlfriend Shawna Blackmon.

EDIT - Watching in full screen, looks like tasers are drawn. But still.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well that deescalated quickly.

Looks like muh dude rides a CBR1000RR so this kind of behavior is to be expected. You don’t see the Gixxer or R1 riders pulling this kind of miscreant behavior. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What could go wrong? Eek

If this is a trend, I expect it to end badly pretty quickly.

Posts: 1344 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, what can we come up with that will be more attention getting (and stupid)...

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
"The older I get, the more I identify with Red Foreman."
--
cparktd

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30524 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
"The older I get, the more I identify with Red Foreman."
--
cparktd
I think I'm morphing towards Yosemite Sam . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I channel Red Green myself.

Posts: 10796 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Were there real LEOs involved? If so, and if I were the one in charge of that police department, I think there would be some replacement troops on the job, and right soon.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Jesus Eek

In this day and age? All it would take is for someone to not have been in on this or some do-gooder passing by for this to go horrifically wrong and end up with dead people.

Posts: 33568 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Aren't tasers anything but black? Those look like firearms.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Aren't tasers anything but black? Those look like firearms.

My issued X26P is black. They come in both yellow and black.

ETA: Finally got the video to play. Those are tasers. You can also clearly see the male officer's sidearm still in his holster on his right hip.

Posts: 8378 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Guys this happened a few years ago. I thought it looked familiar.

Link to the article & more information

With the current situation yeah this video looks mental but keep in mind this video is years old. This happened in Mobile Alabama in 2016.

From the article:
Mobile Police spokesman Terrence Perkins said the officers were holding unloaded stun guns and all other on-duty officers were told about the fake call before it went out.

Friend Tyler Colvin posted a video of the unorthodox marriage proposal on Facebook, where it quickly went viral.

He said that Mr McPherson had 'created and fed' his girlfriend a story throughout the day, so she would believe him when he said they were on the run.

'I was scared,' Miss Blackmon told WPMI-TV. 'I said he was going to jail, they are going to shoot him.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Guys this happened a few years ago. I thought it looked familiar.

Link to the article & more information

With the current situation yeah this video looks mental but keep in mind this video is years old. This happened in Mobile Alabama in 2016.

From the article:
Mobile Police spokesman Terrence Perkins said the officers were holding unloaded stun guns and all other on-duty officers were told about the fake call before it went out.

Friend Tyler Colvin posted a video of the unorthodox marriage proposal on Facebook, where it quickly went viral.

He said that Mr McPherson had 'created and fed' his girlfriend a story throughout the day, so she would believe him when he said they were on the run.

'I was scared,' Miss Blackmon told WPMI-TV. 'I said he was going to jail, they are going to shoot him.’

I don't care if this happened 50 years ago, its still idiotic and could lead to people getting shot.

Posts: 33568 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post