SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boeing Starliner put in incorrect orbit.(ISS replenish craft)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boeing Starliner put in incorrect orbit.(ISS replenish craft) Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted
It's not like this is rocket scie.... Oh, wait.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/2...l-space-station.html

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44456 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah saw something about the spacecraft clock being “incorrect”.

Doh!!! I think the Boeing people are going to have a painful holiday season...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
It sure has been a rough December for them.

Where's Elon Musk when you need him? LOL.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Likely cause by too much negative mojo by Boeing when SpaceX blew up their test vehicle during ground ops...

Looks like SpaceX is back in the lead... for now anyway...

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Starliner thought it was on an orbital insertion burn..."

I bet there is an insurance carrier feeling an orbital insertion burn.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31996 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something that big and I bet Boeing has to self insure. Don't think there is a huge market for insuring space launches, but I could be wrong. Lloyds of London is in some weird stuff...

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
It sure has been a rough December for them.

-Rob

December? It's been a rough year or two for them with the 737 Max fiasco and now this? Damn.

Posts: 34529 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- 737 MAX grounding
- Loosing the Quantas Airlines' Project Sunrise competition
- Delays and problems with the USAF KC-46 program
- 737NG pickle fork problems
- Aeroflots cancellation of 22 787's
- 777 engine problems with GE

Things ain't going too well at Boeing

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of employees will lose their jobs over this and the 737 MAX fiasco. It's going to take years to undo the damage to Boeings image worldwide. It's a shame really.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
When production on the 737 Max is stopped next month I’m hoping the US economy isn’t damaged too badly.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I think a lot of employees will lose their jobs over this and the 737 MAX fiasco. It's going to take years to undo the damage to Boeings image worldwide. It's a shame really.

Jim

Sandeep: You not to worry. We get you more engineers from Mumbai. All to be good soon. I call Infosys now.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Likely cause by too much negative mojo..

Hey! I was thinking happy thoughts Razz

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6775 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Sez the guy what drove a repulsive airchine.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44456 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where's Elon Musk the Russians when you need them? LOL.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:

Yeah, you have to hand it to the Russians - developing a spacecraft and updating it as they go.

Instead of developing one like Apollo, working all the bugs out, then dumping it for the Space Shuttle, then dumping it with nothing else flying, only to start making 3 "Apollo like" Spacecraft again. Which will be flying someday, maybe.

Dumb, dumb, and dumb.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Top. Men.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12919 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:

Yeah, you have to hand it to the Russians - developing a spacecraft and updating it as they go.

Instead of developing one like Apollo, working all the bugs out, then dumping it for the Space Shuttle, then dumping it with nothing else flying, only to start making 3 "Apollo like" Spacecraft again. Which will be flying someday, maybe.

Dumb, dumb, and dumb.

I wouldn't call the first one a "bug", but it was dumb, dumb, dumb.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
- 737 MAX grounding
- Loosing the Quantas Airlines' Project Sunrise competition
- Delays and problems with the USAF KC-46 program
- 737NG pickle fork problems
- Aeroflots cancellation of 22 787's
- 777 engine problems with GE

Things ain't going too well at Boeing

The string of issues is so significant, it must start with piss-poor executive leadership and a poor quality + engineering culture. Boeing shareholders need to demand changes within the topmost ranks to right the ship.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I wouldn't call the first one a "bug", but it was dumb, dumb, dumb.
I simply meant we had done all the hard work of wringing the Apollo CSM out and then we cancel them to work on the Shuttle with nothing flying for 5+ years.

Then we get the Shuttle going and cancel it before having something flying, going on nearly 9 years now hitching rides on the Soyuz.

Hopefully we have learned our lesson and will use Orion, Dragon, and Starliner to good effect and then only retire them when we already have a viable replacement flying.

posted Hide Post
The local Boeing facility here in Charleston is being hammered with racial/wrongful termination lawsuits as well. Up until recently it seemed as if a new one was hitting the local news sites once a month.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post