SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Islamic man uses knife, kills four in Paris police headquaters

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Islamic man uses knife, kills four in Paris police headquaters Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
"A deaf civilian police worker who had recently converted to Islam was shot dead in Paris today after murdering four colleagues with a ceramic knife following a 'dispute over working with female colleagues'.

Michael Harpon, 45, caused the bloodbath in the French capital's historic Police Prefecture, next door to Notre Dame Cathedral.

Investigators have not ruled out a possible terrorist motivation for the Thursday afternoon attack, which left a woman and three men dead.

All were repeatedly stabbed by Harpon, who had worked in the IT department at the Prefecture since 2003, in the worst loss of French police lives in a single day since World War II.

Harpon had recently been reprimanded by his female boss over his refusal to interact with women, Actu17 reported.

Within hours of the attack, anti-terrorist officers had raided Harpon's flat in an apartment block at Gonesse, a suburb some 12 miles from the scene of the attack.

His wife, Iham, was arrested, as an investigating source said that the nature of Harpon's attack corresponded with similar ones carried out by terrorists affiliated to Islamic State and Al-Qaeda."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-police-station.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16710 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Investigators have not ruled out a possible terrorist motivation

TOP.
MEN.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The article I read on Yahoo was careful to avoid mentioning the attacker's religion. Fake news by ommission.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
The article I read on Yahoo was careful to avoid mentioning the attacker's religion. Fake news by ommission.

Yeah, I saw this headline when I woke up this morning on France 24. Very little details. They mentioned the motivation was completely unknown.

The Paris police are usually pretty aware and on their toes. I'm assuming those who were killed were also unarmed civilian police workers and not actually "officers"? One determined man with just a knife can be a formidable killer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
What we need is more Muslims.

Mo Muslims!
Mo Muslims!!
Mo Muslims!!!

They always bring such joy, peace and harmony with them wherever they go.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10707 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Investigators have not ruled out a possible terrorist motivation for the Thursday afternoon attack, which left a woman and three men dead.

Good police work there, Lou.

Posts: 26923 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm all for reportage and all that good stuff, but is there something special about his having used a ceramic knife? Was there supposed to be a metal detector involved in some aspect of the story, or is there something magical about the CRKT cached in my briefcase?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The Paris police are usually pretty aware and on their toes. I'm assuming those who were killed were also unarmed civilian police workers and not actually "officers"? One determined man with just a knife can be a formidable killer.

The linked article stated that three were officers and the 4th victim was an admin assistant.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16710 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

The linked article stated that three were officers and the 4th victim was an admin assistant.

Yes, i just read that as well. Three officers. Goodness.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Religion of Peace.... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8924 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Boom

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post