SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saw a Tesla with Texas Plates - in San Diego
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saw a Tesla with Texas Plates - in San Diego Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems to be blocked by a paywall. Frown

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
The other day I saw a car with Hawaii plates, reckon there might have been a boat involved with that one.

Nah, Haoles, they use the tunnel. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Maybe she towed it there with her motorhome. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3796 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could be Military owner. I bought a number of vehicles in San Diego that I registered in WV.

Being San Diego, this is probably the most likely, right? We see out of state plates around here all the time (live right next to Miramar MCAS). When I bought my used Honda S2000 in Hawaii, the owner was a USAF major, car was registered in Oregon.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
She wouldn't soon do it again.

I wouldn't even try it in a Chevy Volt. It has neither the range nor the charging ability for a road trip.

It would be worst than trying it in a Nissan Leaf EV (149 mile range) and likely almost as bad as in a Madza MX-30 EV Crosssover (100 mile range)

The Volt is the one EV I’d give serious consideration to. It’s range covers my daily needs, it’s within my budget for what I’d use it for, and it has an ICE for more range if needed. Unfortunately, it was discontinued. None of the current EVs or PHEVs make financial or practical sense for my needs over their ICE counterparts.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Tesla super chargers are available almost every 150m apart along pretty much every major interstate. Multiple locations are in major cities, often 1 in smaller cities (from Slidell and Baton Rouge there are 6)

the stock navigation system will say where to stop and for how long

"a better route planne"r app is very good, shows all the 3rd party charging stations as well

Wonder if they have security while you wait to charge? You know how our crime is in BR.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by P250UA5:
Talked to a Rivian ow er at the grocery store today.
He told me he just got back from a trip to Pensacola. IIRC, 4 charge stops & about $60 for a 1100 round trip. 20-30 min to charge, per stop.

So about the same cost as my fuel efficient ic engine during Trump gas price days.
Yep, the strategy may be working.

Posts: 840 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
The Volt is the one EV I’d give serious consideration to. It’s range covers my daily needs, it’s within my budget for what I’d use it for, and it has an ICE for more range if needed. Unfortunately, it was discontinued. None of the current EVs or PHEVs make financial or practical sense for my needs over their ICE counterparts.

Take a look at the upcoming Aptera

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14252 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Tesla super chargers are available almost every 150m apart along pretty much every major interstate. Multiple locations are in major cities, often 1 in smaller cities (from Slidell and Baton Rouge there are 6)

the stock navigation system will say where to stop and for how long

"a better route planne"r app is very good, shows all the 3rd party charging stations as well

Wonder if they have security while you wait to charge? You know how our crime is in BR.

hahaha. for sure

Its at Mall of Louisiana, so a decent place, definitely not like EBR

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6302 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
These charging times and prices are much better than I thought. I’ve been ever considered a Tesla as we rarely buy cars and it was all I could do (and dang bear lulled me) to pay $32k for my wife’s Pacifica last year.

But it certainly seems viable and I can see the appeal.

Posts: 6459 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend will be getting his Tesla in January ,
His two sons each have one.

Don't get him started , his excitement is overwhelming.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’ve driven my long range 3 back and forth to Florida (from Virginia) several times. It basically adds 1.5 hours to that trip for charging. I’ve got a bad back, so it’s actually helpful for me to get out and move around for half an hour at regular intervals

I spoke to a guy at the gym who has driven both his 3 and his wife’s Y from Virginia to LA on 40 and to Seattle on 90, and back

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Charging and range aside, has anyone looked into parts availability? Specifically bodywork in case of an accident? I was watching a YouTube video recently (Scotty Kilmer)he said the wait could be three to six months for body panels. My son in-law really wants a Tesla. I'm neither pro or con on the EVs. If they could make a motorcycle with decent range that uses the Super Chargers, I would be all in.

Posts: 372 | Location: RGV Texas | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If I had a Tesla, I'd probably carry a generator on a hitch rack in the back so I can charge whenever I wanted... Razz

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
If I had a Tesla, I'd probably carry a generator on a hitch rack in the back so I can charge whenever I wanted... Razz
And that would be helping the environment how?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I can actually charge my Tesla with a goal zero and a solar panel

It takes a while

But it’s doable.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post