SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a leveling kit on their truck or SUV?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a leveling kit on their truck or SUV? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Leveling kits seem to be all the rage and I am not sure why. I like the slight raked look and it is better when you have the rear loaded or when pulling a trailer.

If you decided to do a leveling kit, how come???

While I certainly won’t be doing strut spacer kits as those destroy any and all ride quality.
Many if not most of the coilover or struts I am looking at are height adjustable.

So just looking for thoughts from those folks who actually have them.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25430 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Your new ride needs struts already?

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:
Your new ride needs struts already?

Yup. Rear driver side is leaking. Though I would likely be upgrading even if it weren’t.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25430 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
My Z71 is leveled. Can't stand the factory Chevrolet rake. My truck is not loaded enough to change the look about 98% of the time.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10492 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I did 1.5" front lift on my 2009 F-150, I didn't like the look of the stock truck. I think I may have given up some MPGs but it looks better. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I have ride height adjustable Eibach shocks on my 2015 F-150 to level the front end. I leveled the front because I actually use it as a truck, needed to clear 33" BFG All-Terrains and keep from ripping the front air dam off when getting out on BLM land for hunting/shooting/fishing.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11769 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I raised the ass end of my Xterra rather than just adjusting the headlights. Big Grin

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dropped the rear on my '17 Silverado about 4.5" inches.

Primarily because I get in and out about 6-8 times a day and haul no more than 1000lbs.

Climbing up and in even at 6'3" gets annoying.

These newer full size trucks are jacked up too high & have poor sight lines due to boxy design.

I drove my '06 far longer than I would have due to its smaller exterior, lower stance and no variable displacement mess. I ended up hanging on to it since they don't make 'em like they use to.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. I leveled my Jeep JK and it made a world of difference. The factory rake simply looks awful. A leveling kit on a wrangler is the bare minimum a Jeep owner should upgrade to.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30412 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I raised the nose of my Raptor, not for looks or style, but I got tired of bending things. The stock shocks are adjustable. No adverse handling issues, less nose dive when hard on the brakes. Best of all, it gets the bits and pieces above the raised center portion of the forest roads I frequent. I had already dented the front skid plate, bent a crossmember, broke a transfer case mount, broke an exhaust Y-pipe and more. Haven't had any damage since. I do miss the low nose look though.

Posts: 882 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll be the one to hate leveled trucks. Sure sign of a pavement princess, like a declawed cat.

Posts: 9974 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I guess I'll be the one to hate leveled trucks. Sure sign of a pavement princess, like a declawed cat.

Huh?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30412 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Its admitting that you never use the truck to haul anything around. At that point you might as well have a minivan.

Posts: 9974 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Its admitting that you never use the truck to haul anything around. At that point you might as well have a minivan.

I see.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends on how high the rear is and what you use the truck for. If you almost never put anything in the bed, the leveling might improve the looks and ride.

I too like a bit of a rake. Maybe 1-2 inches higher than the front without a load. A few bags of stuff from Home Depot and it's level. That's about what my stock suspension Tacoma has.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a 4x4 Tundra and had different wheels and tires installed. The wheel offset is slightly less positive and the tire an additional 1. 5" larger in diameter. I get some rubbing when backing now. I was hoping to go without the leveling kit, even though I think they improve the look. Unfortunately the rubbing has become annoying in that I can no longer get full lock whe turning.

I will be upgrading to Bilsteins 5100's in the near future. I'll do the install myself.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I have a 2.5”R/1.5”F SuspensionMAXX leveling kit on my 2018 Yukon Denali. I love it. Probably could have just gone 2” in the rear but it’s fine the way it is.

Why did I do it? So I could fit 305/55/20 tires on it. I like the way it looks and it rides great.

Posts: 5074 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey!
Hold my beer!
Picture of rkight3
posted Hide Post
I LOWERED the rear of my 07 classic Silverado 3.5 inches to match the front. It still has a slight rake. I have also installed a 1500 lbs load helper kit so I can still haul more than I could with the stock suspension. My trailer hitch bar is a 2.5 inch rise.

Posts: 2395 | Location: Western Kentucky. | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I installed a spacer kit on my Cherokee Trailhawk. It’s a unibody design, so the modest spacers (1.5”-2”, front/rear) are about all you can do to gain any ground clearance without killing the front suspension geometry.

Had nothing to do with the slight factory rake, but did level it out slightly. Since my goal was to maximize off-road capability, I’m happy with it.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
If you decided to do a leveling kit, how come???

I was at a "top shop" in the Valley, having an ARE top installed on my pickup. They also sell and install Lance campers for pickup beds. The guy installing it said they are too heavy even for a 1 ton pickup, so they have to install leveling kits on the rear to help support the extra weight. Some kind of inflatable balloon that could be deflated when the camper was off.

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post