SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma for DC Metro - MAC Tools Tech 1000 Tool Chest and Table
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma for DC Metro - MAC Tools Tech 1000 Tool Chest and Table Login/Join 
Picture of caneau
posted
I'm moving apartments and I can't take my tool chest and dining room table to my new place. Instead of selling these a Karma seemed a little more fitting. I've been very fortunate during the pandemic both personally and professionally. A lot of people in the trades lost their jobs and many people had to buy a home in order to support working remotely.

To support these, I offer up for karma two items:

1) MAC Tools Tech 1000 Tool chest -- I've had this for years and while it's a little rough on the outside it's fully functional. It's the best tool chest I've ever used and would be great in your garage. These run around $2500 new.

2) A nice, rustic-style dining room table. It has some wear but it's been a great addition to two of my homes. Perfect for families with small kids who are bound to destroy furniture.

There's one catch - you need to pick them up in the next 3 days (by Wednesday). First person who says "I'll take them" (one or both) gets them. You need a large SUV or truck to transport the table, and a trailer or U-Haul with a ramp to transport the tool chest. The chest weighs 700 lbs. so I suggest bringing a friend.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I am not in for the karma (wish I were closer to you), but that is a VERY generous offer!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a generous karma!

The tool chest is cool, and I'd love to have it, but I'd even more love to have that table!

Unfortunately I'm neither near enough to you, nor have I the room for the table even if I was Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I will take the tool chest

Edit I have a pickup with 8' bed I can use but if I need a trailer I may not be able to that quickly.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Man I wish I had a garage.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20813 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

Excellent. Send me an email for when you want to pick it up and I'll get you my address. Today would be perfect if you can make it.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
700 lbs, empty? Eek

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
700 lbs, empty? Eek

Gonna need more than just 1 friend to move that big boy. Eek

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caneau:
quote:

Excellent. Send me an email for when you want to pick it up and I'll get you my address. Today would be perfect if you can make it.

Can't get it today as it would just be me if I came now. Need to line up someone or three someones to help me.

If there is someone else who wants it now and has the help let them take it. Otherwise I will look at setting up something early this week.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by caneau:
quote:

Can't get it today as it would just be me if I came now. Need to line up someone or three someones to help me.

If there is someone else who wants it now and has the help let them take it. Otherwise I will look at setting up something early this week.

Do you have a trailer with a ramp? If so I can help you load it.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
How hard will it be to get it out of your place? Steps? Tight doorways?

Can you shoot me an email with your address (my email is in my profile)?

I gauging if I can help Comet with collecting it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
It rolls out. No steps. Freight elevator to a loading dock. The hard part is getting it into your trailer or truck. Loading dock is level with the ground.